Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > 55+ Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

55+ Cruisers Cruise Critic's Senior Cruising Resources

Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Greetings to all of you. My DH and I have been retired for 15 years now and we cruise twice a year. Next month will be #30. Celebrity is our cruise line of choice and for the last few years it is the only line we choose. We have never had a bad cruise.

Sheila

Ad Sponsored By
Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiiisx349 View Post
i am planning a cruise for early next year. i am over 55 and wondering what ship is the best one. also wondering if its safe nowdays for a woman to travel alone?
We have met many women traveling alone on cruises and they all seem to think that it's a very safe way to travel alone. The "best" ship depends on the itinerary you are considering but you might start looking at Celebrity and Princess. Whatever you decide, after you have booked, go to the "Roll Call" section here on Cruise Critic and look for your specific cruise. You will be able to meet fellow cruisers ahead of time and join activities both onboard and in port. Suddenly, you won't be traveling alone!

Old February 17th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Age of the mind

Although my body has it's issues, my mind is getting younger each year.
So many things are better and more fun with age I find. I got my first tattoo at age 50, since then I've gotten a few more including 2 just last year when I was 61. Now at age 62 I'll be taking my first cruise and very much looking forward to it. In fact have 2 booked for this year, one in March and one in Oct....very excited to start this new experience!

Old July 24th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

I am a 86-yr old widower, a solo cruiser, use a walker, and last December, had more fun in one week, than I had in over 3 years! :-)
Spring 1950. Standard Fruit - Contessa

Old August 5th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Cool Cruiser

I just found this thread and see it was a busy one in 2005! Here it is August 2014 and hardly breathing. How can we revive it? I'm 66 but always told I look at least ten years younger, which worries me for two reasons. First, what do people expect me to look like? Second, I worry that some morning I will wake up, look in the mirror and discover that I suddenly look like people expect me to, whatever that is. Age does not define me. I retired in october 2010 because my elderly and disabled mother lives 200 miles away and I spend too much time on the road between our homes to make up the time working. I was also embroiled in litigation with my ex. My first cruise as a single senior was in January on the Carnival Splendor with my 18 year old daughter and her friend. Although it rained every day, we had fun. I will be cruising in September onboard the Norwegian Breakaway, with two friends. Again, my main question is how can we revive this thread? I confess that it has been fun reading through the past postings.
Previously cruised on: The Norway (cabin F19 in June 1989); NCL Westward (Dec 1993); NCL Seaward (Dec 1994); Carnival Ecstasy (Oct 1997); Premier Big Red Boat (Dec 1998); Carnival Imagination (2000); Disney Wonder (2000); Cunard QE2 (2003); Cunard QM2 (Feb 2005); Royal Caribbean Sovereign Of The Seas; Carnival Splendor (1/4/2014); booked on Norwegian Breakaway (9/7/2014)URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]