UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Melbourne
61 Posts
Joined Sep 2014
Originally posted by SherriZ366
Donna -- EX goes into drydock in March. RCI added more sailings a few months ago because the new routes departing from Port C are so popular.
Yeh her last cruise finishes 12/3 & her first cruise after Dry dock is the 23/4.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Spirit 28th Dec 2012
Voyager of the Seas 9th Dec 2014
Lockport, IL (suburb of Chicago)
632 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by cruisegirl1
My question also. We are sailing the NYE cruise.

Donna - Thank you for the comprehensive list.

M

Yes me too! We are on freedom Dec 14th - will it be Casey or the mystery CD??

Thanks!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Majesty of the Seas 11/2004, Adventure of the Seas 1/2006, Celebrity Mercury 1/2007, Carnival Valor 4/2010
Adventure of the Seas 1/2012, Navigator (Europe) 6/2012, Adventure of the Seas 1/2013, Allure of the Seas 6/2013
Allure of the Seas 5/2014, Freedom of the Seas 12/2014, Independence of the Seas 3/2015, Oasis of the Seas 1/2017
Disney Fantasy 11/2017, Oasis of the Seas 4/2018

Long Island, NY
16,584 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Adventure OTS - Bobby Brown September 12 until mid December.

Allure OTS - Jerome Sueur October 5 until January 11, then Ken Rush for 1 week from January 11 until January 18, then Joff Eaton for 6 weeks from January 18 until March 1. (Who is filling in March 1 until April 19?) Jerome Sueur will return to do all of the European cruises (April 19 thru Oct 25) since he is fluent in 5 languages. He is the new regular CD on Allure until further notice.

Anthem OTS - Joff Eaton will be taking out the ship and continuing on as its regular CD. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Brilliance OTS - Clo O'Connor began on October 5 until December 16, then who? (Jeff Arpin?)

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from July 12 until Nov 24, and he'll be returning January 19 until mid March. Mo (former activities manager on Vision) will be filling-in from Nov 24 through January 19

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned Nov 1st for the repositioning. The ship is scheduled for drydock in March 2015. After the ship returns to service, Luke Aerowsmith will be the CD for 4 months.

Freedom OTS - Casey Pelter started Aug 10 until mid-December, then who? Casey expects to return to Freedom after his break sometime in mid-February.

Grandeur OTS - Mitch Merucci from October 16 until February 2015

Independence OTS - Tim Connor started October 25 (until when?) Tim had to leave the ship temporarily for a short time beginning Nov 10 and Jamie Fentiman is filling-in until Tim returns. (Cuddy has been promoted to CD and expects to be assigned to Indy sometime in the future.)

Jewel OTS - Mike Hunnerup started Nov 8

Legend OTS - Keith Williams started November 3

Liberty OTS -Luke Aerowsmith began on September 28 (for 2 months?) then who?

Majesty OTS - Carlos Torres (need dates)

Mariner OTS - Dan Whitney started July 30 until late-Nov/early-Dec, then Ken Jones (need exact handover date)

Navigator OTS - John Perry begins November 16

Oasis OTS - Drew Devine July 19 through November 29, then Ricky Matthews November 29 until January 24, then Drew returns. (Dennis Charles expects to be assigned to Oasis sometime in the future.)

Quantum OTS - Jimmy Rhodes November 1 through early March. Ken Rush arrives on October 19, and will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out. (Zach Stratford will be the Activities Manager)

Radiance OTS - Amy Fickert started November 5 for approx. 4 months

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour from October 3rd through Jan 28, 2015. Graham will return from his break for another contract in early April through early August.

Serenade OTS - John and Katrina Blair started September 29 until when?

Splendour OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo (need dates). Bobby Brown's next contract is on Splendour (need dates)

Vision OTS - Paul Rutter October 4 through December 12, then Steve Davis returns for 4 months

Voyager OTS - Carly Boileau started mid-September (?) until Nov 25 then Chris Brown (former activities manager) begins November 25 for the repositioning and for the Australian season. (Darryl Dyball will be activities manager beginning mid-September)

Rich Edwards is currently recovering from surgery and resting at home. He will be returning in April 2015.
Allan Brooks left Royal Caribbean to take a position in Celebrity corporate office.
Richard Spacey will be CD on the Celebrity Summit Oct 21 - Nov 29, and is going back to ship life on Celebrity.
Becky Thompson works for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami.
Dave Chapman has left RCCL. He is taking an extended break, and then he will be moving over to another cruiseline.
James Andrews is a real estate agent in Sydney
Mike Szwajkowski is a Canadian Mountie
Leo Papa at Cornell University working on a Master's degree in Hospitality Administration/Management
Anna Bass is now Client Services Manager at ISS London
Abe Hughes is Director of Port Revenue Operations at Royal Media Partners and sometimes works onboard as the port and shopping guide
João Pereira is studying Portuguese/English education and translation at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas in Brazil
Kirk Detweiler is now CD with Silversea cruises.
Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan
Matt Baker - Sim's brother - recently married and living in Wales. They bought a pub called the Tiddley
Kieron Buffrey - CD with Holland America
Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina
Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand
Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations
Rico du Breil is now a CD with NCL
Paul Lancaster is no longer with RCI, and resides in England
Abel Jeney is International Manager at Kingswood Education and Adventure in London
Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - staging/choreographing for local theater
Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm
Karen Maybury - has a consultant/pr/entertainment agency
Jannie Cloete - leading expeditions on small ships

Where is Warren Allen? (aka Warren Melhuish)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~Donna
139 nights at sea (81 with RCI):
RCCL Anthem of the Seas (7 nights NJ to Bahamas) 3/19/17
RCCL Anthem of the Seas (5 nights NJ to Bermuda) 4/30/16
RCCL Anthem of the Seas (3 nights sampler NJ cruise to nowhere) 3/4/16
RCCL Liberty of the Seas (5 nights NJ to Bermuda) 10/17/15
RCCL Quantum of the Seas (3 nights inaugural sampler NJ cruise to nowhere) 11/18/14
Celebrity Summit (7 nights NJ to Bermuda) 8/17/14
Celebrity Summit (7 nights NJ to Bermuda) 8/25/13
RCCL Jewel of the Seas (7 nights Southern - Barbados route) 5/25/13
RCCL Explorer of the Seas (9 nights NJ to Bermuda, Labadee, San Juan and St Maarten) 5/24/12
RCCL Explorer of the Seas (7 nights NJ to Bahamas - New Years cruise) 12/30/11
RCCL Allure of the Seas (7 nights Eastern Caribbean) 8/21/11
Caribbean Princess (9 nights NY to Bermuda, St Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk) 7/29/10 REVIEW
Caribbean Princess (7 nights Canada/New England) 8/24/08 REVIEW
RCCL Mariner of the Seas (7 nights Western Caribbean) 8/26/07 REVIEW
RCCL Mariner of the Seas (7 nights Eastern Caribbean) 8/20/06
Carnival Miracle (7 nights NY to Bahamas) 6/26/04 REVIEW
RCCL Adventure of the Seas (7 nights Southern - Aruba route) 8/24/03
RCCL Explorer of the Seas (7 nights Western Caribbean) 8/17/02
Costa Riviera (7 nights Western Caribbean) 5/90
Cunard Countess (7 nights Southern Caribbean) 6/89
Home Lines Atlantic (7 nights NY to Bermuda) 7/88
San Antonio, Texas
4,262 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by DonnaK
Thank to all who help me with this thread.

Karen (Cruisin-K), would you mind keeping an eye on the list while I'm onboard Quantum this week? I'm leaving tomorrow AM, and will be back on Friday. Not expecting much movement or updates in such a short time, especially mid-week, but it always seems that there is a major shakeup or announcement when I'm away!
Definitely a slow week. Everyone is probably waiting until you get back and then you'll be bombarded with updates
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen
156 Nights at Sea
7/97 Carnival Jubilee - Mexican Riviera
12/04 Empress of the Seas - S. Caribbean Photos
12/07 Sovereign of the Seas - Bahamas Photos
4/08 Carnival Destiny - S. Caribbean
4/10 Serenade of the Seas - S. Caribbean
9/10 Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas Photos
1/11 Ruby Princess - E. Caribbean Photos
2/11 Navigator of the Seas - Cozumel Photos
8/11 Star Princess - E. Mediterranean/Greek Isles Photos
4/12 Jewel of the Seas - W. Caribbean
4/12 Caribbean Princess - S. Caribbean
3/13 Monarch of the Seas (farewell cruise) - Bahamas Photos
11/13 Caribbean Princess - W. Caribbean Photos
1/14 Jewel of the Seas - S. Caribbean Photos
1/14 Allure of the Seas - W. Caribbean Photos
4/15 Serenade of the Seas - New Orleans to Boston repo
10/15 Serenade of the Seas - Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale

4/16 Regal Princess - W. Caribbean
5/16 Coral Princess - Alaska

2/17 Coral Princess - Panama Canal Photos
4/17 Liberty of the Seas - W. Caribbean

Next cruise(s)
4/2018 Radiance of the Seas - New Zealand

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
-
Canada
1,502 Posts
Joined May 2007
Marc Walker posted on FB: 3 days till vacation ! Good luck to my replacement, newly promoted Thomas DeCell. Bing Bong. Chubby Bunny returns to Enchantment Jan 19
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]
January 28, 2018 Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean | February 4, 2017 Rhapsody of the Seas - Western Caribbean | October 31, 2016 Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas | January 10, 2016 Freedom of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean | August 30, 2015 Carnival Pride - Eastern Caribbean/Bahamas | January 10, 2015 Vision of the Seas - Western Caribbean | February 23, 2014 Navigator of the Seas - Western Caribbean | January 13, 2013 Independence of the Seas - Western Caribbean | January 29, 2012 Navigator of the Seas - Western Caribbean | February 5, 2011 Serenade of the Seas - Southern Caribbean | April 11, 2010 Mariner of the Seas - Mexican Riviera | April 27, 2008 Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean | April 29, 2007 Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean | December 13, 2004 Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas

San Antonio, Texas
4,262 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by Canadian Tyler
Marc Walker posted on FB: 3 days till vacation ! Good luck to my replacement, newly promoted Thomas DeCell. Bing Bong. Chubby Bunny returns to Enchantment Jan 19
Thank you. I saw that as well. I will update the list when I get home from work (unless Donna reappears first)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen
156 Nights at Sea

Next cruise(s)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
-
Long Island, NY
16,584 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Canadian Tyler

Allure OTS - Jerome Sueur October 5 until January 11, then Ken Rush for 1 week from January 11 until January 18, then Joff Eaton for 6 weeks from January 18 until March 1. (Who is filling in March 1 until April 19?) Jerome Sueur will return to do all of the European cruises (April 19 thru Oct 25) since he is fluent in 5 languages. He is the new regular CD on Allure until further notice.

Anthem OTS - Joff Eaton will be taking out the ship and continuing on as its regular CD. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Brilliance OTS - Clo O'Connor began on October 5 until December 16, then who? (Jeff Arpin?)

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from July 12 until Nov 24, and he'll be returning January 19 until mid March. The newly promoted Thomas DeCell will be filling-in from Nov 24 through January 19

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned Nov 1st for the repositioning. The ship is scheduled for drydock in March 2015. After the ship returns to service, Luke Aerowsmith will be the CD for 4 months.

Freedom OTS - Casey Pelter started Aug 10 until mid-December, then who? Casey expects to return to Freedom after his break sometime in mid-February.

Independence OTS - Tim Connor started October 25 (until when?) Tim had to leave the ship temporarily for a short time beginning Nov 10 and Jamie Fentiman is filling-in until Tim returns. (Cuddy has been promoted to CD and expects to be assigned to Indy sometime in the future.)

Mariner OTS - Dan Whitney started July 30 until late-Nov/early-Dec, then Ken Jones (need exact handover date)

Oasis OTS - Drew Devine July 19 through November 29, then Ricky Matthews November 29 until January 24, then Drew returns. (Dennis Charles expects to be assigned to Oasis sometime in the future.)

Quantum OTS - Jimmy Rhodes November 1 through early March. Ken Rush arrives on October 19, and will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out. (Zach Stratford will be the Activities Manager)

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour from October 3rd through Jan 28, 2015. Graham will return from his break for another contract in early April through early August.

Splendour OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo (need dates). Bobby Brown's next contract is on Splendour (need dates)

Vision OTS - Paul Rutter October 4 through December 12, then Steve Davis returns for 4 months

Voyager OTS - Carly Boileau started mid-September (?) until Nov 25 then Chris Brown (former activities manager) begins November 25 for the repositioning and for the Australian season. (Darryl Dyball will be activities manager beginning mid-September)

Rich Edwards is currently recovering from surgery and resting at home. He will be returning in April 2015.
Allan Brooks left Royal Caribbean to take a position in Celebrity corporate office.
Richard Spacey will be CD on the Celebrity Summit Oct 21 - Nov 29, and is going back to ship life on Celebrity.
Dave Chapman has left RCCL. He is taking an extended break, and then he will be moving over to another cruiseline.
Leo Papa at Cornell University working on a Master's degree in Hospitality Administration/Management
Abe Hughes is Director of Port Revenue Operations at Royal Media Partners and sometimes works onboard as the port and shopping guide
João Pereira is studying Portuguese/English education and translation at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas in Brazil
Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan
Matt Baker - Sim's brother - recently married and living in Wales. They bought a pub called the Tiddley
Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations
Abel Jeney is International Manager at Kingswood Education and Adventure in London
Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - staging/choreographing for local theater
Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Long Island, NY
16,584 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Cruzin-K
Thank you. I saw that as well. I will update the list when I get home from work (unless Donna reappears first)
I'm back! Thanks so much for covering for me while I was cruising! I'm working on my review now - it was moved to the Quantum forum.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~Donna
RCCL Quantum of the Seas (3 nights inaugural sampler NJ cruise to nowhere) 11/18/14
RCCL Explorer of the Seas (9 nights NJ to Bermuda, Labadee, San Juan and St Maarten) 5/24/12
Caribbean Princess (9 nights NY to Bermuda, St Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk) 7/29/10 REVIEW
San Antonio, Texas
4,262 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by DonnaK
I'm back! Thanks so much for covering for me while I was cruising! I'm working on my review now - it was moved to the Quantum forum.
You're very welcome. It was such hard work, too
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen
156 Nights at Sea

Next cruise(s)

-
Long Island, NY
16,584 Posts
Joined Mar 2006

Enchantment OTS - The newly promoted Thomas DeCell is filling-in from Nov 24 through January 19 Marc Walker will be returning January 19 until mid March.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~Donna
scranton pa
1,106 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
Will casey be on Freedom July 26?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Liberty of the Seas - 2008
Liberty of the Seas - 2009
Oasis of the Seas - August 2010
Allure of the Seas - August 2011
Allure of the Seas - August 2012
Oasis of the seas - August 2013
Allure of the Seas - August 2014
Freedom of the Seas- July 2015
Liberty of the Seas- August 2015
Anthem of the Seas- March 2016
Anthem of the Seas- July/August 2017
Anthem of the Seas- July 2017

** Favorite Ship: Allure of the Seas **

Cruiser Dude Bobby

Brisbane Australia
1,873 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Carly Boileau is on Voyager of the Seas now Singapore to Sydney.
No idea of how long.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rhapsody of the Seas Greek Isles 13 May 16
Ovation of the Seas Southampton - Barcelona May 16
Radiance of the Seas South Pacific 31 Jan 16
Serenade of the Seas New Orleans to Boston April 15
Voyager of the Seas NZ 7 Dec 13
Oasis of the Seas - West Car 8 Dec 12
Voyager OTS Barcelona - Singapore May12
Radiance of the Seas Sydney - Nowhere Nov11
Mariner of the Seas TA + Med Santos - Rome March/April11
Independence of the Seas T/A April10
Serenade of the Seas Alaska Repo May09
Cottage Grove, MN
4,042 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Sounds Like Dan Whitney got off of the Mariner for Vacation Today.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

ROYAL CARIBBEAN: PINNACLE. (Adventure, Allure, Anthem, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Grandeur, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Vision)

CARNIVAL: PLATINUM (Jubilee, Conquest, Spirit, Fascination, Freedom, Imagination, Liberty, Glory, Valor)]

PRINCESS: PLATINUM (Star Princess, Grand Princess, Caribbean Princess, Emerald Princess, Ruby Princess)

NORWEGIAN (Norwegian Majesty)
Long Island, NY
16,584 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by springaussie
Carly Boileau is on Voyager of the Seas now Singapore to Sydney.
No idea of how long.
Originally posted by Firefighterhoop
Sounds Like Dan Whitney got off of the Mariner for Vacation Today.

Enchantment OTS - The newly promoted Thomas DeCell is filling-in from Nov 24 through January 19 Marc Walker will be returning January 19 until mid March.

Mariner OTS - Ken Jones started November 27

Navigator OTS - John Perry started November 16

Quantum OTS - Jimmy Rhodes November 1 through early March. Ken Rush is onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out. (Zach Stratford will be the Activities Manager)

Voyager OTS - Carly Boileau started mid-September until when? then Chris Brown (former activities manager)

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~Donna
Long Island, NY
16,584 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by cruiserdudebobby8
Will casey be on Freedom July 26?
It's really too soon to know the assignments for next summer.

My guess: If Casey is returning in mid February, and it is a typical 4 month contract, then he will be off in mid June, and the fill-in CD will be onboard for the following 2 months.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~Donna
Long Island, NY
16,584 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Yorkshire Voyagers
Hi Donna, Mercedes joined the Adventure on 23rd November, Bobby left for vacation
Adventure OTS - Mercedes LaFuente began November 23

Quantum OTS - Jimmy Rhodes November 1 through early March. Ken Rush is onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out. (Zach Stratford will be the Activities Manager)

Voyager OTS - Carly Boileau started mid-September until when? then Chris Brown (former activities manager)

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~Donna
Long Island, NY
16,584 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Adventure OTS - Mercedes LaFuente began November 23

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews November 29 until January 24, then Drew Devine returns. (Dennis Charles expects to be assigned to Oasis sometime in the future.)

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~Donna
Minnesota
560 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Just lurking here a bit. Wow, a lot of information you have to keep up on to keep this current. My hat's off to you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Jewel of the Seas 02/2017
Freedom of the Seas 09/2016
Navigator of the Seas 03/2016
Independence of the Seas 01/2016
Navigator of the Seas 08/2015
Independence of the Seas 03/2015
Brilliance of the Seas 02/2014
Monarch Of the Seas 02/2013
Disney Magic 02/2005
Disney Magic 02/2004