Choice Hotels options in Barcelona pre-cruise

gkrnjlr

Hello! We're booked for a cruise out of Barcelona in 2016 and are hoping to use reward points for our pre-cruise hotel there. We will probably spend 1-2 days sightseeing as well. When selecting Barcelona on the Choice Hotels website it is giving different areas to choose from....such as: Arenas de Barcelona, Fira, Palau, Fira de Salo, and various Fira de Barcelona Salo 3-1 and other numbers (3-4, 6, 7 8, etc.).

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a hotel that would be good for pre-cruise? Or is it more cost effective to stay at an airport hotel and pay for a tour through Barcelona since we're only going to be there 1 or 2 days?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

I had a look at their web page. It seemed to me that whichever location you put in it comes up with either no hotels in the area or the same 2 hotels. These 2 hotels are not only not in Barcelona, they are not even in Spain - they are in Perpignan which is in France about 100 miles from Barcelona :confused:

I would not recommend staying near the airport as there is not much there and you will be spending a lot of your time travelling to and from the places of interest in the city.

edited to say that in fact these 2 hotels are really just one hotel. It says 2 hotels but they are at the same address - "Comfort Hotel Centre Del Mon" and "Quality Hotel Centre Del Mon" - Perpignan, 35 boulevard Saint Assiscle

Edited by RollieUK

Hello! We're booked for a cruise out of Barcelona in 2016 and are hoping to use reward points for our pre-cruise hotel there. We will probably spend 1-2 days sightseeing as well. When selecting Barcelona on the Choice Hotels website it is giving different areas to choose from....such as: Arenas de Barcelona, Fira, Palau, Fira de Salo, and various Fira de Barcelona Salo 3-1 and other numbers (3-4, 6, 7 8, etc.).

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a hotel that would be good for pre-cruise? Or is it more cost effective to stay at an airport hotel and pay for a tour through Barcelona since we're only going to be there 1 or 2 days?

I would not stay at the airport for one,and then I would read on this board some of the hotles in BCN that people have chosen in the past and been very happy with and go from there.It seems Choice hotels are not on your list in BCN.there are some really nice hotles that you can choose from doing a little homework on your part.

I strongly agree with the recommendations above not to stay at an airport hotel in Barcelona. You will be too far out of town. There is plenty to see in Barcelona, and it's an easy city to explore on foot and by subway. You'll be able to cover a great deal of ground in two days.

In terms of an area in which to stay, I would highly recommend looking at hotels on the streets just above (north of) Las Ramblas, not far from Placa de Catalunya, that area. You'll be centrally located, you can walk to lots of things and you'll have access to the subway. Many folks on here also report having stayed along Las Ramblas itself.

If you haven't already found it, this web site is excellent for planning your visit to Barcelona:

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/index.html

Have a great trip!

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed 5 nights in Barcelona prior to our trans-Atlantic crossing back to Florida this past October. You will LOVE Barcelona. I wanted to pass along where we stayed. It was an awesome apartment in the center of the city about 10 minutes walk from Las Ramblas. Frank the owner couldn't have been nicer. It was excellent, and the price was astounding. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1418456