Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

Then I hope my fellow countrymen can follow up on it :D

DV, just want to say thank you for being so informative and responsive on our inquiries!

We decided and booked a night at Axel Guildsmeden hotel, as well as targeted a list of things we will be visiting during stay.

Tivoli Garden, Canal River Boat, Nyhavn, Christiansborg Slot, Stroget and torvehallerne.

Lots to see with very little time. :)

Cheers,

Helena

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes it is okay to bring your luggage on the busses.

But the busses can of course be filled up so there is no guarantee of that, because the driver can say no to more people because of safety or lack of space.

I don't want to alarm you but in theory it could happen if your fellow cruisers don't take a taxi or the cruise lines shuttles.

But but but if that is the case don't worry, just take the next 26 that doesn't go to UNICEF and get off at Østerport station, Sløjfen (the second bus stop at Østerport).

From here the special route 26 cruise shuttles departs from every day a ship I docked at Oceankaj aka C330.

They are in service between 08:00 and 16:00 (8 AM and 4 PM) and your regular ticket is also valid on this one.

Hi Danish Viking

You are amazing to help all of us so much. I think I already said that before but you deserve all the accolades.

I just learned yesterday that there is a service now at the docks by the airlines to transfer baggage directly from the ship to the airport. Do you know anything about that? The service is to begin in March. We as cruise ship passengers tag our luggage onboard the ship and it is taken off and to the airport for us.

If this is the case we will definitely take advantage of that and then just go sightseeing with our Copenhagen card! It would be the perfect solution for us.

But but but if that is the case don't worry, just take the next 26 that doesn't go to UNICEF and get off at Østerport station, Sløjfen (the second bus stop at Østerport).

From here the special route 26 cruise shuttles departs from every day a ship I docked at Oceankaj aka C330.

They are in service between 08:00 and 16:00 (8 AM and 4 PM) and your regular ticket is also valid on this one.

Danish Viking:

Our ship will be arriving at Oceankaj. We plan on taking bus 26 from Unicef Faergehavn Nord. to the Kongens Nytorv (Kobenhaven) bus stop. We would like to visit Rosenborg castle and near-by sites. Is the Kongens Nytorv in the center of sites where we can work in either direction? We would also like to take a canal ride. Hopefully, we will be within walking distance for the canal boat tours. (Netto-Badene or DFDS) Appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thanks

Yes Kongens Nytorv is centrally located, you have the canal tours and Strøget next door and Rosenborg, Amalienborg, Christiansborg, The Round Tower etc close by.

Only the national museum, Glyptoteket and Tivoli is a little bit far away.

But remember if your ship is docked on a weekend or a public holiday there will not be any regular bus 26.

But you can take the special bus 26 cruise shuttle to Østerport and then catch the regular bus 26 (towards Ålholm Plads) from there.

The normal bus 26 departs from UNICEF at XX:14 and XX:54 on Mondays to Fridays.

The return journey from Kongens Nytorv is at XX:19 and XX:39

There is also another bus 26 that goes to Færgehavn Nord but it will drop you off 5-600 meters away from Oceankaj, that one departs at XX:59

The others for Langelinie or Søndre Frihavn doesn't get anywhere near Oceankaj, the route splits up after Østerport station.

These one departs at 09, 29 and 49 past the hour.

On weekends and public holidays only Langelinie and Søndre Frihavn is served.

But as I said, just take the cruise shuttle to Østerport and catch the regular bus 26 from there and do the opposite on the return journey.

Keep your bus ticket if you do this as its valid for 1 hour after the purchase.

Edited by Danish viking

Yes Kongens Nytorv is centrally located, you have the canal tours and Strøget next door and Rosenborg, Amalienborg, Christiansborg, The Round Tower .

Hi DV,

Speaking of canal tour, Do you know if it is the same as Hop on Hop off waterbus? I am looking at Netto-Bådene and on their website, they have a list of point of interest where their boat will pass by....

Thanks as always! :)

Cheers,

Helena

I was looking at cruisecopenhagen.dk but couldn't find anything, do you have a link or more info about that.

I am not sure I am allowed to post the link but you will find it at Copenhagen Capacity.....story is from Sept 2014 and will be launched after already being tested last year in May 2015

Hi DV,

Speaking of canal tour, Do you know if it is the same as Hop on Hop off waterbus? I am looking at Netto-Bådene and on their website, they have a list of point of interest where their boat will pass by....

Thanks as always! :)

Cheers,

Helena

Yes their boats and routes are almost identical.

But there I also a real water bus or harbour bus as its called just so you don't mistake one for the other.

I am not sure I am allowed to post the link but you will find it at Copenhagen Capacity.....story is from Sept 2014 and will be launched after already being tested last year in May 2015

That really sounds interesting, but from the article it seems like it only will be with SAS and other Star Alliance flights but I could be wrong.

Thanks for letting us know about such service. I followed up with the port (the luggage service returned my email) and received the following message this morning. We'll onboard HAL in June and fly back to the US on SAS. It didn't mention the service is available to HAL or SAS/Star Alliance only.

Here is the message: "The service will be available for you and your family in June on the Holland Eurodam. You will be able to sign up onboard and provide all necessary information. On the last day of your cruise you and your family will receive your boarding passes and preliminary bag tags. You will leave your luggage outside your stateroom and won’t see them until your final destination city. If you are flying directly to the US and have a connection then the only addition would be to reclaim the luggage in your first connection due to CBP restrictions. This is a very quick process. Please let me know if you have any additional questions."

download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f25185600%5fAMzkimIAAA9zVM%2bOVgfMGBD%2bL7g&m=YaDownload&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=yahoomail

Ricardo Torres

Director, Operations | Bags Inc.

MakeTravelEasier.com

o. 407.849.0670 x 1051

m. 407.883.0772

e. rtorres@maketraveleasier.com

Thanks for letting us know about such service. I followed up with the port (the luggage service returned my email) and received the following message this morning. We'll onboard HAL in June and fly back to the US on SAS. It didn't mention the service is available to HAL or SAS/Star Alliance only.

Here is the message: "The service will be available for you and your family in June on the Holland Eurodam. You will be able to sign up onboard and provide all necessary information. On the last day of your cruise you and your family will receive your boarding passes and preliminary bag tags. You will leave your luggage outside your stateroom and won’t see them until your final destination city. If you are flying directly to the US and have a connection then the only addition would be to reclaim the luggage in your first connection due to CBP restrictions. This is a very quick process. Please let me know if you have any additional questions."

download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f25185600%5fAMzkimIAAA9zVM%2bOVgfMGBD%2bL7g&m=YaDownload&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=yahoomail

Ricardo Torres

Director, Operations | Bags Inc.

MakeTravelEasier.com

o. 407.849.0670 x 1051

m. 407.883.0772

e. rtorres@maketraveleasier.com

Where did you send your enquiry to get this answer? I want to know if the service is available on RCCL ships?

I followed up with the port gen manager, arnt.moller@cmport.com, based on their news release from October. Here is the link to the release:

http://www.cmport.com/news-and-media/pressreleases/2014/2014-10-08

I believe the gm forwarded my email to the company which handles the process.

By the way, I am not sure if the service is free at all because if you visit the company website the service is fee based. But I emailed them to see if the service is free or is discounted for cruise line customers.

I followed up with the port gen manager, arnt.moller@cmport.com, based on their news release from October. Here is the link to the release:

By the way, I am not sure if the service is free at all because if you visit the company website the service is fee based. But I emailed them to see if the service is free or is discounted for cruise line customers.

Thank you!

Danish Viking - I have a question. We are thinking of doing the Open Top Tours (Green Bus) Hop on Hop off bus&boat in both Gothenburg and Copenhagen. I can see from their website that if I do it in both places I get 20% off the second place. We will be visiting Gothenburg before visiting Copenghagen. I know I have to have my purchased ticket from Gothenburg. What I would like to know is

Can I puchase a discounted ticket right on the bus at the harbour area? Or how do I take advantage of the 20% discount.

Thank you.

Please report back when you hear aboiut the price etc.

Danish Viking - I have a question. We are thinking of doing the Open Top Tours (Green Bus) Hop on Hop off bus&boat in both Gothenburg and Copenhagen. I can see from their website that if I do it in both places I get 20% off the second place. We will be visiting Gothenburg before visiting Copenghagen. I know I have to have my purchased ticket from Gothenburg. What I would like to know is

Can I puchase a discounted ticket right on the bus at the harbour area? Or how do I take advantage of the 20% discount.

Thank you.

Try to ask Stromma at info@stromma.dk.