Day Rooms before late flight

fayerussell

I'm trying to find a hotel that still does day room rates. We will be staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for 3 nights after our cruise on the POA. Check out is a 11am but our flight doesn't leave until 9:30pm. We are wanting to spend the day hanging at the beach, soaking up the sun, and relaxing before flying home. HHV used to have day rooms but I just called them and they do not do it anymore. Who does? I can just start calling hotels but if someone has recently done this and can save me tons of calls that would be great. Thanks!!

I'm trying to find a hotel that still does day room rates. We will be staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for 3 nights after our cruise on the POA. Check out is a 11am but our flight doesn't leave until 9:30pm. We are wanting to spend the day hanging at the beach, soaking up the sun, and relaxing before flying home. HHV used to have day rooms but I just called them and they do not do it anymore. Who does? I can just start calling hotels but if someone has recently done this and can save me tons of calls that would be great. Thanks!!

They may not have official "day rooms", but their website says that a "hospitality room" is available for guests to freshen up before leaving and to call ext 69007 one day prior to checkout date.

Also, for $24 per person ( age 16 and up ), you can get access to the Luana Lounge area of the Mandara Spa which has whirlpools,workout room, lockers and showers. I would call them and discuss these options. You could check out at 11am, send your luggage to storage x41, except for a small carryon bag to hold bathing suits/cover ups and a change of clothes. You can then enjoy all the amenities of the hotel for the remainder of the day before freshening up, retrieving your luggage and heading out for the airport.

These options are listed under Check Out Options. They would prefer to keep you on site for the day so you will spend more on food, drinks, etc.;)

The spa situation sounds like that would work. I knew they had a hospitality room but didn't know exactly what that meant. We wanted to make sure we had availability to take a shower, etc. Hopefully, since we are hilton gold members we get a late checkout, but that would work if we can't. Thanks!!

Aloha,

I am trying to find a Day Room as well, prior to our leaving Oahu. Except, this would be the actual day we get off the POA. I am looking for a day room from about 10a-6pm on the Diamond Head side of Waikiki, as we want to go to the Zoo for my niece's 4th birthday that day. But also want a place to crash, shower and just relax before heading back home...

We will be staying pre-cruise 1nt at the Hyatt Place Waikiki and they have said that a day rate room is not guaranteed and is based on availability, and that I would have to book the previous night's rate to be guaranteed to get the room by 10am, but I would still have to request late-checkout! I'm not sure that made much sense to me to pay a full night's rate for a guaranteed 2hrs and then hope that I can get a late check-out for the rest of the time! :confused:

I supposed I can book the Saturday night and might have an easier time getting early check-in?? I'm not sure...

Does anyone have any suggestions?? I'm not sure how I feel about just winging it as this would be at the end of June, on a Saturday. The Hyatt Place is a decently sized hotel, so I'm hoping they will have availability?? Is there another property on that side that have Day Rooms?

What would you do??

TIA!! :)

I have called HHV, the Marriott, and the Outrigger hotels and none of them do day rates anymore. It's a shame since so many people want to do that with the late flights. When we were there 4 years ago a lot of the hotels did it. We are going to take our chance with late checkout. I may call some more hotels, if I hear anything I will def post it since no one seems to know about day rates.:)

I have called HHV, the Marriott, and the Outrigger hotels and none of them do day rates anymore. It's a shame since so many people want to do that with the late flights. When we were there 4 years ago a lot of the hotels did it. We are going to take our chance with late checkout. I may call some more hotels, if I hear anything I will def post it since no one seems to know about day rates.:)

I would appreciate it greatly if you keep us informed. We have an 11pm flight after the end of our cruise and would love to have a day room.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Like others we are on POA and coming back to Port on Saturday, 4/11. Flight doesn't leave till 10:30 pm that night. We will spend two nights at the Marriott Waikiki, but BEFORE the cruise, not after.

Am looking and watching to get suggestions on what to do with luggage, etc for the day. Thanks!

Why not just pay for an extra day or a very late check out??? In the end I suspect that it will not be a lot more than a day room, and you won't have to move luggage.

• 3 weeks later...

We have the same situation as Picklebritches only in September. We are staying 3 nights precruise at the Marriott Waikiki with the cruise tour package. Our plane leaves on Sat. night after the cruise at 10:50 pm. We are looking for a place to store our luggage for the day or a day use type of room. We do not want to rent a car. We do not want to fight the traffic and parking problems in Honolulu. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

• 1 year later...

Scrappydoo,

I was wondering how it worked out with Hyatt Place? Where you able to have late check out and what time was that?

Anyone try their luggage storage?

Aloha,

I am trying to find a Day Room as well, prior to our leaving Oahu. Except, this would be the actual day we get off the POA. I am looking for a day room from about 10a-6pm on the Diamond Head side of Waikiki, as we want to go to the Zoo for my niece's 4th birthday that day. But also want a place to crash, shower and just relax before heading back home...

We will be staying pre-cruise 1nt at the Hyatt Place Waikiki and they have said that a day rate room is not guaranteed and is based on availability, and that I would have to book the previous night's rate to be guaranteed to get the room by 10am, but I would still have to request late-checkout! I'm not sure that made much sense to me to pay a full night's rate for a guaranteed 2hrs and then hope that I can get a late check-out for the rest of the time! :confused:

I supposed I can book the Saturday night and might have an easier time getting early check-in?? I'm not sure...

Does anyone have any suggestions?? I'm not sure how I feel about just winging it as this would be at the end of June, on a Saturday. The Hyatt Place is a decently sized hotel, so I'm hoping they will have availability?? Is there another property on that side that have Day Rooms?

What would you do??

TIA!! :)

Edited by Cruiseoholic000

• 1 month later...

This is sure an old thread that got revived but I have the same issue. We're hoping to get flights out late on debarkation day. Has anyone found a place to take a shower that afternoon? I thought about trying to find a cheaper hotel and see if we can get an early check-in (since we'd be checking out that evening).

Also, we would like to get a rental car and tour on our own that day. Any thoughts on how secure our luggage would be in the trunk (if we don't open it all day ;)) if the hotel thing didn't work out? DH is worried about the security and the heat of leaving our luggage in the trunk. I've found some luggage storage places at the airport. Would that be a better option? I'm thinking we could get a rental car shuttle from the port in Honolulu to the airport, rent a car, then drop off our luggage at a storage place at the airport before heading out for the day. Does anyone have a particular airport luggage storage company to recommend? TIA