Getaway Photo Review - Food Focus - Specialty Dining - Chef's Table - Viva Vino

megacruiser

Are you from Aberdeen? I lived there for a year. Well, nearby in Dyce.

That Sea Bass looks amazing. Not I don't know which to try :cool:

My wife had the Sea Bass in Cagney's on our recent Gem cruise and said it was the best she's ever had anywhere.

Wonderful spa pictures! We enjoyed the Thermal Suite on the Epic and booked the Getaway partly because it has one as well. Until now I haven't found very good pictures of it. I am thoroughly enjoying the whole review. Thanks so much for your hard work!

I just started reading this last night. I love it. Your pictures are amazing.

We will be on the Getaway in a couple of weeks. I can't wait and actually looking forward to a few days at sea (away from everything). I feel like I know my way around now with all your great pictures. :)

We were on the EPIC this past summer so I can't wait to see how I like the Getaway.

I can't wait to read your review on your RCCL adventures. My husband and I were on our first RCCL cruise in February. I found a lot of similarities and a lot of difference between NCL and RCCL. Of course NCL is still my favorite. :)

Starting reading this review this morning and finally caught up! I had a few questions:

1) Do you have a pic of the menu for O'Sheehan's? If not do you recall what food they serve? Are kids allowed in there?

2) My husband is a diabetic and noticed there was at least 1 offering of dessert in the dining room. Did you happen to notice if the Buffet had surgar free desserts as well?

3) Is there pizza served in other areas besides the $5 room charge?

4) We just came off the Allure of the Seas and it seemed there were more complementary shows than on this ship - would you agree (being that you were on its sister ship Oasis?)

Thanks for your time - great review so far!! We are looking at a 12 day Southern Caribbean cruise and this ship looks like it has a lot to offer compared to the Serenade of the Seas (kid-wise)...

Hi Catgrab if its 12 night Southern Caribbean commencing 31st October then we're booked on that, so if you book, join the roll call and see you on board.

Sorry just spotted your comment on looking at this ship for 2017!

We had an overnight stay and tour of the ship last year and the kids facilities looked great for all age groups.

Edited by drewlin