Royal Caribbean - High chairs

moogiechompy

Hi, We are travelling on Anthem in June with our 13 month old, have cruised many times on RC but have never noticed what high chairs they use in the dining rooms. Has anyone got a photo of one or could describe them to me (specifically wanting to know do they have a tray attached or do they go up to the table.)

Also, has anyone ever requested a high chair in their cabin, my son is terrible for eating when there is too much going on so thinking a few quiet meals in the cabin may be needed and I don't really want to be taking our travel seat.

Thank you :)

The high chairs I remember were gray plastic and they did come with a tray. The last time we cruised was 2 years ago, but that's what RC had then.

I don't know about requesting one for your room. The only reason that may be a problem is if they don't have a large supply. I do remember having to wait for an open one during breakfast one time (but only once). Sorry I don't have a photo.

for in your room, just let him stand and eat off the tray at the table. :D I woudln't take your travel seat. At that age (well, 14 months) I remember having food on the table or on the balcony for dd. she'd walk and eat.

You can also get a booster seat for the table, which is what we do.

No tray in Jan, pushed up to the table. We requested either booster or high chair, my kid didn't care, whichever was fine.

I agree...let him sit or stand anywhere in the cabin...you don't need a high chair in there. The dining room (and buffet) will have them...but the dining room is MUCH easier...they serve you and you don't have to deal with getting food AND holding a child!

HEY, I just confirmed with dh and kid, the high chair pushed up to the tables.

be ready for eat to eat/sleep more/less than normal. At 14 months dd was on one nap a day, she napped twice on the ship, which worked great, she was ready for dinner and able to stay up a bit later. She ate a ton! Loved being able to milk and banana on demand. (I limit cow milk).

Oh, and dining room is SO Much easier!

My tips, as we've cruised with dd three times. One of you go down to dinner and order. Then the other brings kid once app is ready, order something the kid will eat or taste. Often dd got the veggies from dh's plate, then meat from mine/his. We didn't really order form the kid's menu.She likes real food, we skipped baby foods, her first cruise it was all about steak and lima beans!

I pack suprises (tinkerbell gifts). Small stuff, color wonder markers, magic markers, targer dollar spot stuff, stickers and paper. Stocking stuffer type stuff. You could do a small new toy, or board book (think dollar spot or kid meal type). DD is entertained, then eats.

Sometimes one of use will take her out to walk/take pictures. I acutally love this because it's the best way to get pictures of me/her, her/dh. On one, there was no line, the photo guy worked with us for 20 minutes, I got the BEST pictures of me and her!

after main meal, dh takes dd, where ever, I order dessert and coffee and enjoy nothingness. :D Then I get ice cream to go for dh. She wasn't getting dessert at 14 months, so this worked best for us! Last cruise, we let her one night, but really that much later is just not a good idea for my kid. (we do allow treats, just better if earlier in the day!)

At breakfast grab a few boxes of cereal to keep on hand, I always have cereal and banana/apple, and yogurt for when she's hungry NOW.

Thanks for your replies and advice :-) much appreciated. Not sure if he will be walking by the time we go, but then he suprised us when he started to crawl :D we were hoping a cruise would be perfect to help him be more adventurous with his food.

Thanks for your replies and advice :-) much appreciated. Not sure if he will be walking by the time we go, but then he suprised us when he started to crawl :D we were hoping a cruise would be perfect to help him be more adventurous with his food.

lucky! mine was walking by 8 months!! she walked all over the ship, but we still used our umbrella stroller a ton.

You can ask for a plate and just put bites of food on it. rather than ordering the kid's food. chances are he'll pick and try what you're eating!

My three year's fave food last cruise? the Escargot!!! (it was the best I've ever had, but still...). If nothing else, room service is great. We order most night. or you can run upstairs to the buffet and make a plate, we've done that as well.

Oh, RCI has toy lending! If you go the nursary, you can borrow a bag of toys. and nursary has GREAT open hours you can go and play. They set up playschool/fisher price toys on the mats, had a few books as well. One plus for RCL.

Edited by Gardeneroflove

HEY, I just confirmed with dh and kid, the high chair pushed up to the tables.

be ready for eat to eat/sleep more/less than normal. At 14 months dd was on one nap a day, she napped twice on the ship, which worked great, she was ready for dinner and able to stay up a bit later. She ate a ton! Loved being able to milk and banana on demand. (I limit cow milk).

Oh, and dining room is SO Much easier!

My tips, as we've cruised with dd three times. One of you go down to dinner and order. Then the other brings kid once app is ready, order something the kid will eat or taste. Often dd got the veggies from dh's plate, then meat from mine/his. We didn't really order form the kid's menu.She likes real food, we skipped baby foods, her first cruise it was all about steak and lima beans!

I pack suprises (tinkerbell gifts). Small stuff, color wonder markers, magic markers, targer dollar spot stuff, stickers and paper. Stocking stuffer type stuff. You could do a small new toy, or board book (think dollar spot or kid meal type). DD is entertained, then eats.

Sometimes one of use will take her out to walk/take pictures. I acutally love this because it's the best way to get pictures of me/her, her/dh. On one, there was no line, the photo guy worked with us for 20 minutes, I got the BEST pictures of me and her!

after main meal, dh takes dd, where ever, I order dessert and coffee and enjoy nothingness. :D Then I get ice cream to go for dh. She wasn't getting dessert at 14 months, so this worked best for us! Last cruise, we let her one night, but really that much later is just not a good idea for my kid. (we do allow treats, just better if earlier in the day!)

At breakfast grab a few boxes of cereal to keep on hand, I always have cereal and banana/apple, and yogurt for when she's hungry NOW.

We might be cruising with our DS and his wife and their 15 month old. None of us have cruised with a little one before so I appreciate these comments. I'll be sure to save them and refer to them often before Feb 2016!

Oh, RCI has toy lending! If you go the nursary, you can borrow a bag of toys. and nursary has GREAT open hours you can go and play. They set up playschool/fisher price toys on the mats, had a few books as well. One plus for RCL.

can you give me more info on this? It sounds interesting.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Sure. Once you board you'll have a cruise news letter waiting on your bed/desk. It'll list everything to do on the ship, times everything is open. The nursey and kid's club have open house hours the first day. The nursay is (typically) located near the kids club.

Go to the nursary, ask for a bag of toys. You'll sign your name/date and get a bag. You can swap out whenever you want.

On sea days (maybe port days?) they have open hours, which means you can go play with your kid. They had mats in the room with 8 or so different toys laid out.

Other times, the nursary is used to babysit kids, you're not allowed in there, at those times. During open house hours, you are allowed with your kid.

I'll check for a picture.

Thanks.

Ok. One picture of the toys in the bag we got. The other is the nursary with the toys. The toys set out were different each day. Assuming you could find a worker, I'm guessing you could ask for something/a certain toy. But they were all on break/off doing something else during the nursary open house hours.

I have no idea how to gt the image bigger, in my reply?

P1030497.jpg.058bceddbfdf7a2e0dda678bb79787c8.jpg

Edited by Gardeneroflove