Symi, Chios, Mykonos - Is it possible to walk from the ship?

sassy12

I can only speak for Chios where your ship, if it is a smaller one, will literally dock on one side of the main street. You can walk around there easily but the main attractions are further afield.

We ended up renting two vans and getting so we could go in both directions in order to see the Nea Mona Monastery, a peek at the deserted village of Anavatos and then the mastic villages.

The drive was easy and interesting. There are few, roads and with a decent map you won't get lost. We had lots of time to wander the villages, have lunch and get back to Chios early to stroll around a bit.

We rented our vans from Europcar but there are other agents.

I don't know exactly how Mykonos works. I heard if you tender, you'll be dropped near the town dock. If you dock you'll have to take a shuttle bus. You don't want to walk the mile or 2... even the shuttles had trouble passing each other, the road was that narrow. We tendered and still had to take a shuttle which might have been due to high winds. We were like 1 out of 4 ships to make it that day due to the weather. All Delos tours were canceled as well. I wished we had just skipped it... the wind really sucked.

Symi, Chios, ahd Mykonos - Is it possible to walk from the ship to do some sight-seeing on our own? About how far a walk would it be?

In Mykonos if your ship anchor out of the port, the tender will go you to the town. But if dock at the new port of Mykonos, you can take the bus to the town or the sea bus.