Roberts Hawaii non NCL tours

DAGVBSB

Has anyone used the Roberts Hawaii tours offered to cruise ship passengers.

I just found the website for their tours and they are basically the same ones that NCL is offering for about 1/2 to 2/3 the price. (they also guarantee a return to ship in time.).

THey have car rentals that appear to be fairly cheap as well.

Is this a reliable company and is this all true?

Hurry, we leave in a week and need to make some final decisions.

After following these boards for months Roberts is VERY MUCH praised for their tours. If we decide to do the tours vs. on our own I will have no problem using Roberts due to the massive reports on cruise critic that I've read.

If you take Roberts, you will see their buses along side the NCL company at every stop! We did Volcano National Park, Haleakala at sunset, Iao Valley and Maui Ocean Center and the Kauai Luau with them. The are the "ship" tour for the Princess cruiseline.

We had a great time with Roberts. They pick you up and drop you off at the same spot as the ship tours. They are a very professional company. We were not overcrowded on any of the bus tours. There were always empty seats.

Edited by marym933

And our Roberts tour to Waimea Canyon was truly one of the most enjoyable tours we have ever taken while on a cruise! Our driver was knowledgeable, and very enjoyable to listen to! We would highly recommend a Roberts tour while cruising on POA!

If you are on NCL, they use a totally different tour company. It was Polynesian something . . . Roberts have thier own buses. They are green and yellow with a rabbit on it. You will be on a different bus.

Edited by marym933

Polynesian Adventure Tours. NCL OWNS them!;)

Now things are begining to make sense!

Our group of 16 have been looking at doing our own tours on the islands and especially one on Oahu because the combination of places we want to go just don't exist on other tours.

I was assigned to contact Roberts and another person in our group contacted Polynesian Adventure Tours.

The email from Roberts was very good... made suggestions to changes for our Oahu tour to make it better. A very good price for a mini-bus and we are going to book it next week. The Roberts person also gave us the link to http://www.gorabbitgo.com, which is there cruise tour website that lists several shore excursions in each of our ports for a much cheaper rate than NCL and includes pier pick up and a guarantee that you won't miss the ship. I was thinking it was all too good to be a true deal but based on what is being shared on this thread, it is a good deal.

Polynesian Adventure Tours was much higher in Oahu (we are talking by about $1000!) In the ports, they had higher prices too and their charges included a "shore coordinator" for $31! (we are one group of 16-18 people all going on one bus what do we need with a shore coordinator.) A whole bunch of nickel and dime stuff included in the price.

The Polynesian Adventure Tour quote made the tours MUCH higher than even the NCL tours and lots of question marks. They even suggested more than once that we look at the shore excursions offered by our cruise line.

The Polynesian Adventure Tours it appears wanted to keep their prices higher than NCL's so we would take the cruise lines because they are owned by them!!! Makes sense now why their prices were so much out of line with everyone else.

We have made several decisions. We are renting cars in two ports (one through Roberts and one through Thrifty because they are cheapest in each of those ports.). We are dropping three ship tours in favor of Roberts Tours on three days (and still considering dropping another... the Molokini Snorkle... not much cost difference.). We will be scheduling the Oahu Tour with Roberts. We have also found that Roberts has a great deal to get us from the port to our hotel for our post cruise stay, ($6 per person) and so we are doing that. Unfortunately our TA scheduled us through NCL to get us from the airport to the ship. NCL's price is $20 a person while Roberts was only $6 a person...... too late to get out of the NCL transfer now unfortunately.

Roberts Hawaii appears to be the company to use.

Thanks everyone for your responses and for helping us decide. Since none of us in our party drinks alcohol and only one or two drink specialty coffees and with the loss of Shore excursion money, NCL is not going to make much off us on this cruise!

Quote : We have also found that Roberts has a great deal to get us from the port to our hotel for our post cruise stay, ($6 per person) and so we are doing that. Unfortunately our TA scheduled us through NCL to get us from the airport to the ship. NCL's price is $20 a person while Roberts was only $6 a person...... too late to get out of the NCL transfer now unfortunately.

Can I ask where you found this ? I checked their website, but couldn't find anything about transfers. Or did you have to call them about this ?

Thanks

Edited by pmc7704

Quote : We have also found that Roberts has a great deal to get us from the port to our hotel for our post cruise stay, ($6 per person) and so we are doing that. Unfortunately our TA scheduled us through NCL to get us from the airport to the ship. NCL's price is $20 a person while Roberts was only $6 a person...... too late to get out of the NCL transfer now unfortunately.

Can I ask where you found this ? I checked their website, but couldn't find anything about transfers. Or did you have to call them about this ?

Thanks

Go to their website...http://www.gorabbitgo.com. On the left side there is a box that says "Build your Adventure" where you put in the name of your ship and sailing date. Directly below that box is a yellow and black box that says "Convenient Shuttle." Click on that logo and it brought up the information on the shuttles.

Hope that helps.

Also have a feeling that $6/pp is a group rate. I know we always pay $9/pp or $15/pp/rt on Roberts. Still feel that is a bargain. We take Roberts every time, but we are usually among the first off the bus, and the last picked up, and we get in so early that our room is usually never ready!

Also have a feeling that $6/pp is a group rate. I know we always pay $9/pp or $15/pp/rt on Roberts. Still feel that is a bargain. We take Roberts every time' date=' but we are usually among the first off the bus, and the last picked up, and we get in so early that our room is usually never ready![/quote']

The group rate may work for us. We have a group of 16 who will have to go from the ship to our hotel in Waikiki. I also just found, through exploring their site, that they offer a transfer to the airport but no price is listed for that. I am going to call on Monday and ask some questions.

I do admit I was quite skeptical about Roberts listed Tours because they sound too good to be true, but I from what everyone on here is saying, they are good!

The group rate may work for us. We have a group of 16 who will have to go from the ship to our hotel in Waikiki. I also just found, through exploring their site, that they offer a transfer to the airport but no price is listed for that. I am going to call on Monday and ask some questions.

I do admit I was quite skeptical about Roberts listed Tours because they sound too good to be true, but I from what everyone on here is saying, they are good!

No worries with Roberts, we used them in 2008 for b2b cruises and found them very professional, reliable and knowledgeable. We saved 40% over ship prices.

We even had one excursion canceled due to weather and the credit was put through to CC long before we got home.

We are also booked to use them for this coming cruise.

There prices are purposely low because they got ticked off when NCL had bought Polynesian Adventure tours a few years ago.

They also have a land based site "Roberts of Hawaii"

http://www.robertshawaii.com/index.php both companies are run separate of one another and we have also used them for pre/post cruise excursions.

prices are purposely low because they got ticked off when NCL had bought Polynesian Adventure tours a few years ago.

This isn't that uncommon. Carnival (which owns Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and The Yachts of Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises, Cunard Line and Ocean Village in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; Iberocruceros in Spain; and P&O Cruises in Australia) also owns Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon.

Edited by riofriotex

Hi everyone - Just returned from the POA (cruise started on 6/26). Used Roberts for their Wailua River and Fern Grotto tour. It was much cheaper than the tour offered by NCL, only $35 pp. We had a very nice tour guide who took us to some other spots in southeast Kauai (Lydgate Beach Park, Ahukini, Opeaaka Falls) for photo ops. They also offer deals if you book multiple tours - we did not take advantage of this because we had already rented cars for a few islands, but I would have no reservations about doing this. Booked this tour online with no problems.

Also used Roberts for transfer to the pier on embarkation day - we were staying in Waikiki and the cost was $6 pp. This is NOT a group rate. We had 4 in our group. You have to call Roberts to reserve this - they had a few different times the shuttle would be at our hotel so I think it would be quite complicated to set up an online system for booking this. The shuttle was right on time and we had no issues at all.

Just wanted to share my recent experiences with Roberts. :D

Roberts was fantastic! I was booked on a NCL tour for the Waimea Canyon and Fern Grotto and our bus had problems up at the canyon. Roberts took part of our bus with them until we could meet up with our driver and a new bus later. The Roberts guide was great and more than accomodating for us. I would not hesitate to book with them!

My husband and I were on the Pride of America in 2008. We like to see as much as we can when on holiday and usually take part in a tour/excursion every day. After may recommendations on CC we decided to use Roberts on all our excursions. I can happily say that we did not encounter one problem and as a result of this, on later Cruises, we now only use Ship excursions if it is something particular we wish to do that we cannot find offered elsewhere

• 4 years later...