Does RCCL or Celebrity have solo rates?

catty

I went solo last year on carnival, but my favorite cruise lines are RCCL and Celebrity. I was checking on a few web sites and RCCL was quoting 200 percent more. Please tell me they do have good fares frequently!:confused:

I dunno, I get some 150% prices now and again on Royal.

Are you military, senior, Fl resident?

These are the consistent discounts I see.

Otherwise NCL is the only solo friendly

line because of the studios.

RCI is pushing BOGOS, 2,3,4 guests in a cabin and pushing

drink packages...cutting the number of professional

seamen and replacing them with bartenders and waiters.

Why?

All their new builds...need huge profits to

keep stock holders from jumping ship.

...and to get their Huge bonuses.

Cynical...not at all.

Simply all about money.

:D:D

Bookmark this link for Royal, its updated weekly. They will post less than 200% SS

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

I used to find some good deals from Celebrity and Royal on these Tuesday sales, but lately it has been very disappointing. The prices don't look like a bargain to me, lower supplement or no--I can find better pricing elsewhere.

I booked a single cabin on the Brilliance for January. For a 5 night in a Studio Interior was $531.87. I thought it was a bargain for the price. I would rather do a 7 day on Royal but the prices are crazy for a solo cruiser. I think there are only a few cabins with Royal that have single cabins. Anthem, Radiance, Serenade and Brilliance have solo cabins.

Thanks for the input. I have been researching like crazy and the best 7 day so far is a solo cabin on NCL in May for 937.00. Is that a pretty good deal?

I remember the days when my husband and I could sail for that price on a balcony in the not so long ago past!:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I too, am a fan or Royal, but lately their solo rates have been through the roof. As someone else on here noted it's over 200% and that is just something I'm not ready to accept. Especially when there are other options out there.

I've looking at one of the studio rooms on The Getaway this Sept/Oct and the price seems very reasonable.

Hopefully it works out.

I too, am a fan or Royal, but lately their solo rates have been through the roof. As someone else on here noted it's over 200% and that is just something I'm not ready to accept. Especially when there are other options out there.

I've looking at one of the studio rooms on The Getaway this Sept/Oct and the price seems very reasonable.

Hopefully it works out.

I am trying to grab a great price for this May, if not I will look in Sept.

I'm almost diamond on RCCL and have a future cruise deposit to use, but my last six cruises have been on NCL. I start by booking a studio, and three times I've been upgraded to a balcony on brand new, fantastic ships.

• 3 weeks later...

Am holding a single occupancy oceanview guarantee for 7 night Bermuda cruise on Grandeur of the Seas for $1437 including taxes...is this a good deal? It's actually lower than this week's Tuesday specials and it's a July 4th cruise. Should I book at this rate or wait? Looks like staterooms are selling out due to the holiday...

Am holding a single occupancy oceanview guarantee for 7 night Bermuda cruise on Grandeur of the Seas for $1437 including taxes...is this a good deal? It's actually lower than this week's Tuesday specials and it's a July 4th cruise. Should I book at this rate or wait? Looks like staterooms are selling out due to the holiday...

That's about what I've been able to find as a deal for balconies more or less. But considering its at the peak of cruise season when all the families are sailing - sounds good.

That's about what I've been able to find as a deal for balconies more or less. But considering its at the peak of cruise season when all the families are sailing - sounds good.
Thanks...I did book it late yesterday.:)

It was a weekend special that I'd put on a 24 hr hold....thank goodness for "holds" as price for same category(outside guarantee) rose to over $2000.:eek:

It also seems these "weekend specials" are slightly better than Tuesday deals...or that has been my experience with RCCL. Last fall, I booked a 7 day Cananda/New England veranda on Brilliance for less than $1000. I remember I was waiting til Monday to book the slightly higher Tuesday Deal when the better "weekend special" popped up the Sunday before...glad I checked;)

• 1 month later...

Hi, Good deals are really opinions....it only matters if you are happy

with the price. In my opinion, it is a good price but others may disagree.

Bermuda can be more expensive than other itineraries.

Edited by Lois R