• See a soccer game
    • Visit the surrounding countryside
    • Beatles stuff
    • Shopping
    • Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour
    • Williamson Tunnels
    • Research Family History
    • Other - Please post details

We will be stopping in Liverpool in July on the Royal Princess and are considering the HOHO bus to see the sights. Where can you pickup the HOHO bus and is it convenient to the port? What about the number of stops and does it cover the major attractions in Liverpool?

We will be stopping in Liverpool in July on the Royal Princess and are considering the HOHO bus to see the sights. Where can you pickup the HOHO bus and is it convenient to the port? What about the number of stops and does it cover the major attractions in Liverpool?

The HOHO bus stops right there at the Pier Head, about 100 yards walk from your ship. Here is a link to their site. I'm not sure if there is more than one HoHo bus tour, but this one definitely stops there.

http://www.sightseeingliverpool.co.uk

You're a good man. Nobody on my roll call shows any interest in playing golf for our day in Liverpool. It's still just my husband. Keeping our fingers crossed. If it doesn't work out, I know you tried your hardest and I thank you for that.

I think I'm going to have to admit defeat on this one. I can't think of any more options. I think you are just unlucky that you are in port on a Saturday, when most clubs will be running members' competitions. Any weekday would have been easy. What about trying to get a game in a weekday port?

Look on the bright side. More time to see and do everything that Liverpool has to offer. You can fit plenty into your long day in port. :)

Sorry I couldn't help more :(

Edited by Towncar T

Here's a link to another tour company.

http://www.cityexplorerliverpool.co.uk

I can't recommend anyone, because I haven't been on any of them. Like I have said on this thread before, Liverpool is very compact and most of the sights are easily within half a mile of the port. In my opinion, the HoHo is best for those with very limited time or with mobility issues. Enjoy your stay :)

Here's a link to another tour company.

http://www.cityexplorerliverpool.co.uk

I can't recommend anyone, because I haven't been on any of them. Like I have said on this thread before, Liverpool is very compact and most of the sights are easily within half a mile of the port. In my opinion, the HoHo is best for those with very limited time or with mobility issues. Enjoy your stay :)

Since we have a long port day and are both active walkers, is it better to walk rather than take the HOHO? I was assuming things would be spread out, so the HOHO would be easier, but if things are in a compact area, we much prefer walking. I need to go back and read this thread to get your advice on the best things to see and do in Liverpool.

Since we have a long port day and are both active walkers, is it better to walk rather than take the HOHO? I was assuming things would be spread out, so the HOHO would be easier, but if things are in a compact area, we much prefer walking. I need to go back and read this thread to get your advice on the best things to see and do in Liverpool.

Much easier and more productive if you can walk, in my view. We recently had visitors from Long Island and we walked all over. Liverpool is very compact. Yes, get a (large) cup of coffee and work your way through the six years worth of posts. I'm sure you'll find something. If you still have any questions then come back and ask on here. :)

Edited by Towncar T

As an alternative to HOHO, what do you think of the CumfyBus? From what I can see on their website, it looks like they a few routes that stop right by the cruise terminal. It sounds like it costs £3 for an all day pass and they run more frequently.

Also, on this site http://www.whatsinport.com/Liverpool.htm, it says there is a free shuttle to the city center. Can you confirm this?

Thanks

As an alternative to HOHO, what do you think of the CumfyBus? From what I can see on their website, it looks like they a few routes that stop right by the cruise terminal. It sounds like it costs £3 for an all day pass and they run more frequently.

Also, on this site http://www.whatsinport.com/Liverpool.htm, it says there is a free shuttle to the city center. Can you confirm this?

Thanks

I don't know anything about the Cumfy Bus, sorry, other than it's how my mother gets to and from the supermarket near her home! I think of the Cumfy Bus as a shoppers' bus rather than a tourist thing, but maybe you can use it? Personally, I would only use any form of transport if I had mobility issues. Liverpool really is a city for walking. As for the free shuttle, it certainly says that on the website, so it must be true :-)

We will be on The Royal Princess in July and are looking for a good Beatles Tour. Can you recommend one??? ]

We had a great Beatle tour with http://www.pooloflifetours.com in 2013.

I talked to some passengers who had taken the Princess Beatle tour and asked did they see Ringo's house, she replied, it was pointed out to us as we drove by. As they were in a big coach they did not get up close as we did since we were in a small van. We got out of the van a few times to see different places.

We had a couple true Beatle fans in a our van and we all would highly recommend this tour.

Edited by phabric

We had a great Beatle tour with http://www.pooloflifetours.com in 2013.

I talked to some passengers who had taken the Princess Beatle tour and asked did they see Ringo's house, she replied, it was pointed out to us as we drove by. As they were in a big coach they did not up close as we did since we were in a small van. We got out of the van a few times to see different places.

Highly recommend.

Great answer from someone who has experienced it themselves. Cheers, Phabric :)

Edited by Towncar T

We will be on The Royal Princess in July and are looking for a good Beatles Tour. Can you recommend one??? Also, what else do you suggest we see in Liverpool??????Happy St George's Day!!

Patron Saint of England

Hi Partymaker. I can't really recommend any particular tour, as I've never done one myself. However, if you get yourself a large pot of coffee, you could read through the thread to see all of the information that has been posted. You will almost certainly find what you are looking for there. If you still have some questions then don't hesitate to post them back on here. And of course you have Phabric's personal recommendation above too. :)

• 4 weeks later...

We left the car at home and jumped the bus into town but wish we hadn't in the end! The bus was jam packed and took forever to get there, and when we did there were so many people it was impossible to get close enough to see anything. We gave up trying to fight our way through the hordes and went for something to eat and a drink or two instead. Good atmosphere though!

I did a Princess tour (small group) which allowed us about 45 minutes each in Lennon's Mendips and McCartney's Forthlin Road homes. It was wonderful. (also went to The Cavern Club, Hard Day's Night hotel, Strawberry Field, Penny Lane, etc.) Highly recommend.

Hi. We'll be arriving in Liverpool tomorrow morning. What bus do I take to and back for Ansfield Stadium? Are taxi's available at the stadium to ride back to port? Thanks.

Much easier to take a cab in my view. It isn't expensive. I guess less than £10 each way. I am sure there will be cabs at the stadium. It's a popular destination.

Weather has been great all week and you are arriving right in the middle of the river festival. Have fun!!

Edited by Towncar T

For anyone thinking of doing the Ho Ho bus, this offer came through from Amazon today. Might save you a few pounds :-)

http://local.amazon.co.uk/Liverpool/B00VTRZPL2?src=email&cid=em_ss_101_101_na_s1_&ref_=pe_1782731_70035071_fd_2

Thank you for this we will be in Liverpool on 16th July getting off Royal Princess, and can make use of this offer.

• 1 month later...

Arriving August 16th, 2015 in Liverpool via Cruise Ship. My husband and I are desperate in trying to find a Beatles tour that includes the Casbah Coffee Club. We know we are way late in booking and lots of tour groups are already full. Would anyone have a suggestion for us? Marilyn