Honolulu port car rental

dancecj

I have been reading several threads trying to get the correct info. I spent time on hawaiidixcountcarrental. com, too. Are there any rental car companies that we can rent from when we finish our POA cruise that will shuttle us from the pier to the airport to pick up a rental? We will then be able to turn it in at the airport 3 days later when we leave. It costs much more if you don't drop it off at the same place where it was picked up. I am having such a tough time finding an answer to this.

Thanks!

Candy

I have been reading several threads trying to get the correct info. I spent time on hawaiidixcountcarrental. com, too. Are there any rental car companies that we can rent from when we finish our POA cruise that will shuttle us from the pier to the airport to pick up a rental? We will then be able to turn it in at the airport 3 days later when we leave. It costs much more if you don't drop it off at the same place where it was picked up. I am having such a tough time finding an answer to this.

Thanks!

Candy

Have you considered having one person in your party disembark as soon as possible, then have them take a taxi to HNL to pick up the rental car, then drive back to the port to pick up the rest of the party?

Another option would be to take a cab to your hotel, pick up your rental your car from one of the downtown locations, return it to the same location on your departure date and use a shuttle (such as this one) to take you back to the airport.

Either way would be much less than renting from a downtown office and returning to the airport... IMHO :cool:

We are trying to avoid paying for a cab and a rental car. We were told cab fare is around $25 from port to airport. I don't really care what location we rent from. I am trying to figure out if a complimentary shuttle service will be offered to get us to our car, and to the airport days later.

We are trying to avoid paying for a cab and a rental car. We were told cab fare is around $25 from port to airport. I don't really care what location we rent from. I am trying to figure out if a complimentary shuttle service will be offered to get us to our car, and to the airport days later.

I understand what you're trying to do... but the simple fact is: none of the rental car companies offer shuttle service from the pier to HNL.

There are shuttles from the airport itself to their nearby, off-site locations. I've also heard one or two companies will shuttle you from the pier to their downtown office.

You could use the link in my previous response to book a shuttle to the airport, then take the rental car company's airport shuttle to their off-site location. That would be the least expensive option, although more hassle & (in my opinion) a waste of valuable vacation time.

Thanks!

Candy

We just did this when we disembarked the POA on May 16th! We rented through Hertz and I got off and took the free shuttle to the airport. Alamo, and Thrifty also had shuttles, but I did not see any others. I had to wait for 30 mins for the shuttle to return because I missed the first one. I would go out there right at 8 to catch the first one! Hope this helped! Enjoy Hawaii!!!

Ooh, travelbug771, that is good to hear! I will look into those companies. I am going crazy gathering information. If you have any thing else to share about your trip, I would love to hear it. I could give you my email.

Ooh, travelbug771, that is good to hear! I will look into those companies. I am going crazy gathering information. If you have any thing else to share about your trip, I would love to hear it. I could give you my email.

I would love to share info with you! Give me your email and a few questions to start with and I'll answer as many as I can!

• 2 weeks later...

You can catch a free shuttle at the port that will take you to Hilo Hatties store, then just walk through the store and they have another free shuttle to downtown. You can walk to several car rentals places there.