Port of Miami pre-cruise hotel...help!

Poop_Deck

We booked Hyatt Miami Airport Doral, it offers 2 queen bed, a sectional sofa sleeper, it has a free airport shuttle, free hot breakfast and the front desk manager seemed very helpful when I called to ask about travel to the port, she said she has a coupon for a free Uber cab ride to the port. We chose this one as it will hold all 6 of us and we have free breakfast, free airport and most likely free port shuttle. It has great reviews on tripadviosr.

need help choosing between the Hampton Inn Brickell or the Marriot Marquise...I can get a great rate on the Marquise on LMT......but I was wondering about the surrounding area....I have heard plenty around the Hampton Inn in Brickell, but was wondering what is around the Marriot Marquise and is the area safe to wonder around. TIA

I worked a block away from the Marriott Marquis in downtown Miami up until December when I retired. It's right near the Miami River and 3 blocks from Bayfront Park and Bayside. Good location to everything. The Miami Metromover has a stop at Bayfront Park and at 1st Street station - the Marquis is half way between those stops and it's FREE. You can also take the Brickell Metromover (again - FREE) over the river to Mary Brickell Village - tons of restaurants- nice, quaint neighborhood. Downtown Miami can become somewhat seedy at night - homeless people sleep out in Bayfront Park. I wouldn't walk around alone at night except in the Brickell area, which is why, personally, I think the Hampton Inn Brickell is a better choice.

I worked a block away from the Marriott Marquis in downtown Miami up until December when I retired. It's right near the Miami River and 3 blocks from Bayfront Park and Bayside. Good location to everything. The Miami Metromover has a stop at Bayfront Park and at 1st Street station - the Marquis is half way between those stops and it's FREE. You can also take the Brickell Metromover (again - FREE) over the river to Mary Brickell Village - tons of restaurants- nice, quaint neighborhood. Downtown Miami can become somewhat seedy at night - homeless people sleep out in Bayfront Park. I wouldn't walk around alone at night except in the Brickell area, which is why, personally, I think the Hampton Inn Brickell is a better choice.

Thank you for your help. Just booked two rooms there for our feb cruise

Any suggestions for Miami pre cruise hotel where we can park the car and maybe has a shuttle to port??

All will be out near the MIA airport - check the Embassy Suite MIA, La Quinta East, and Springhill Suites Medical Center. None will shuttle you back to your car, so plan on $25-30 for a cab.