Glory Tours Payment Question

tripster

Has anyone done a tour with Glory Tours recently and had to book and pay online instead of in cash on the day of the tour? Was there a Foreign Transaction Fee charged to your account and was your amount correct (half the Barbados $ amount; ex. $100 Barbados = $50 USD)? I know that Glory Tours comes highly recommended, so I believe that they should be a reputable company.

It seems like more and more tour companies are starting to collect payment or at least deposit ahead of time by charge, debit, or PayPay instead of in cash as previously done. Have you found this to be true...and did everything go smoothly?

I used glory tours in Barbados. Called direct and gave credit card for 4 people. Unfortunately for us the day we arrived there was a monsoon rain event and we couldn't even get out of the port area to meet The van from glory tours. We called and advised . She was waiting but made the suggestion we might want to cancel as it would be hard in this weather to go to Harrison cave and other places we booked. We did cancel and the refund was in my email within 5 minutes. The BBD is half the USD As far as the transaction fee we did get charged a small amount and did not get that part back. I even wrote a nice referral on trip advisor concerning how easy it was to work with Glory Tours.

I have done a couple of tours with Sarah of Glory Tours and have corresponded with her for a number of years. I don't ever remember sending her a deposit but it is likely she has changed her policy recently as many operators have. She is very much the professional and takes a lot of pride in reputation of Glory Tours; I would have no hesitation in sending her a deposit but would probably like to know what her refund policy is in the event the ship could not enter port or illness or......

• 1 month later...