Woodwind

Rookie-Cruisers

Snorkeling in Bonaire was the highlight of our southern Caribbean cruise. We were there on March 13, 2015 and had signed up for the Woodwind catamaran cruise based on reviews. This was the best $65.00 I have ever spent. I have snorkeled a lot of places and nothing was as good as the snorkeling off Klein Bonaire island.

We met up with a man who took us to the boat just outside the terminal gate. (Not the most personable individual.) It was a small hike through an old resort to the pier. They have seats for 24 people, (eight on a side) and they are extremely organized.

It was a short ride to the island and it was all up from there. The snorkeling equipment is excellent (I brought my own but others in our party used theirs). My wife is not a big swimmer but we went together in groups of 8 with a guide and could explore at will. The water is so clear and amazing you can have an outstanding experience just looking down from the surface of the water. My wife got a flotation belt and had no issues.

You and the boat drift with the current allowing you to cover a bunch of area with minimal effort. When we got to the end of the drift area, the picked us up and took us to a second spot for more drift snorkeling. Anyone who has any desire to snorkel where it looks like your going through a salt water aquarium will not be disappointed. Thousands of colorful fish, lots of interesting coral, saw a couple of sea turtles and a barracuda.

We hit two snorkeling spots on ours which was a four hour. They served us food on the way in.... The food was fine but your going for the snorkeling. If it were me, I would definitely do the four hour. You will want to be snorkeling as long as possible...

Just back from the two week Pride repositioning cruise and we did the morning tour with Woodwind. The entire excursion was one of the most professionally and well organized I have ever been on in over 20 cruises! Dee is amazing! She is concerned first and foremost with everyone's safety. She personally fits your mask and snorkel and inquires about your level of experience and takes the least experienced with her personally. She also has prescription masks which was amazing for me to be able to see everything clearly for the first time! She also takes along a professional photographer and his pictures are stunning! You have the option to buy them on a disk or a thumb drive. Book early! I booked almost one year in advance and they sold out a few weeks later.

• 2 weeks later...
Just back from the two week Pride repositioning cruise and we did the morning tour with Woodwind. The entire excursion was one of the most professionally and well organized I have ever been on in over 20 cruises! Dee is amazing! She is concerned first and foremost with everyone's safety. She personally fits your mask and snorkel and inquires about your level of experience and takes the least experienced with her personally. She also has prescription masks which was amazing for me to be able to see everything clearly for the first time! She also takes along a professional photographer and his pictures are stunning! You have the option to buy them on a disk or a thumb drive. Book early! I booked almost one year in advance and they sold out a few weeks later.

I ditto the above.....you MUST snorkel in Bonaire, it's the best there is in the Caribbean.

I also booked with Woodwind in December of last year, and they are the best there is. Dee and her staff are fabulous. My husband is 72 and I am 60 and we had only snorkeled once before, but she made sure we were with her group and kept an eye on us.

She'll take you to see the sea turtles on the second leg and I agree the photographer took some amazing underwater pictures, it was $35 for the thumb drive. Don't forget to bring cash with you to purchase it and hopefully tip the amazing crew she has.

• 1 month later...

Love seeing these reviews! We were in Bonaire this past Feb and Dee was booked up over a year in advance! So disappointed!

We just booked a 2/17/17 cruise on Navigator going to the ABC islands. We are officially booked with Dee to snorkel on February 23, 2017! The early bird gets the worm, right? So excited!

Lauri

• 2 weeks later...
I ditto the above.....you MUST snorkel in Bonaire, it's the best there is in the Caribbean.

I also booked with Woodwind in December of last year, and they are the best there is. Dee and her staff are fabulous. My husband is 72 and I am 60 and we had only snorkeled once before, but she made sure we were with her group and kept an eye on us.

She'll take you to see the sea turtles on the second leg and I agree the photographer took some amazing underwater pictures, it was $35 for the thumb drive. Don't forget to bring cash with you to purchase it and hopefully tip the amazing crew she has.

Is this a tour for someone who has never snorkeled? My husband and I could swim, but never really snorkeled. Would you still recommend this tour? Since this is what this island is famous for, I would like to try. We are 67 and 68. Thank you .

Is this a tour for someone who has never snorkeled? My husband and I could swim, but never really snorkeled. Would you still recommend this tour? Since this is what this island is famous for, I would like to try. We are 67 and 68. Thank you .

I would absolutely recommend it for you. They will expertly fit you with equipment, including prescription mask if you wear eyeglasses, and partial wetsuits if you wish. They divide up into three groups of experienced, moderate, and beginner. We went with the beginner group because of some minor health problems and being a bit out of shape, and it was very easygoing. We still saw everything, though, including several see turtles and a seahorse. Dee led our group, and she actually towed one lady who could not swim well! They take incredible care of their guests in a small-group setting.

The only problem with doing their tour as your first snorkel is that if you like it, you will forever be disappointed with any other tour operator after the wonderful experience you have with Woodwind and the beautiful reefs off Klein Bonaire.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

I would absolutely recommend it for you. They will expertly fit you with equipment, including prescription mask if you wear eyeglasses, and partial wetsuits if you wish. They divide up into three groups of experienced, moderate, and beginner. We went with the beginner group because of some minor health problems and being a bit out of shape, and it was very easygoing. We still saw everything, though, including several see turtles and a seahorse. Dee led our group, and she actually towed one lady who could not swim well! They take incredible care of their guests in a small-group setting.

The only problem with doing their tour as your first snorkel is that if you like it, you will forever be disappointed with any other tour operator after the wonderful experience you have with Woodwind and the beautiful reefs off Klein Bonaire.

Thank you. I appreciate the encouragement and now I can't wait!