Puerto Madryn and Ushusia question

INeedaVacationNow

We will be visiting these ports in March, 2016 and want to know what is there to see if we do not want to go see penquins. My friend saw enough penquins when she went to Anartica so would like to do something else. I can't seem to find much info about tours that are not to see wild life. I know there is a Welsh town 90 minutes from Puerto Madryn but we would prefer not having to travel 3 hours. Is there anything to see in these towns themselves?

Ushuaia is great. Take the catamaran cruise on the Beagle Channel that drops you off at the Terra Del Fuego National Park and then see the park. Celebrity had a great excursion for that.

We saw wildlife in Puerto Madryn, so I can't advise you on what else to do.

We did a penguin visit to Punta Tombo from Puerto Madryn and it was totally amazingly unbelievable!! However on the way back to the ship, we stopped in Gaiman, one of the Welsh villages and we loved it. It was so surprising to come across this fertile valley in such an arid area, and the people were friendly and welcoming. It wasn't too long from there back to the port and certainly not three hours so I'd definitely consider doing that.

We've done two port calls in both Ushuaia and Puerto Madryn.

In Ushuaia both times we did penguin trips with Pira tours, but there are other tour operators offering trips into the Tierra del Fuego national park.

On one port call in Puerto Madryn we did a full day private excursion to the Valdes Peninsula; while we did see some penguins the focus of this trip was to see other birds and wildlife. The second port call we visited one of the town's museums and enjoyed a nice lunch in one of the restaurants along the main downtown street.