Already done Bernards ... suggestions on 2nd trip?

LuckyAshley

Our last time in St. Maarten we did Bernard's tour that took us around the island, to Marigot, to Maho Beach, and Orient Beach. We'd like to do something different this time but don't want to schedule a tour. We'd like to be able to sleep in, grab a taxi, and do something relaxing, preferably just one activity, unless something else is nearby and not too much of a hassle to add on to the trip. We are doing a port intensive back to back so we wanted to "schedule" in some "non-scheduled" days where we could sleep in and decide to do something relaxing or not (but me as the planner wants to be prepared either way). Any suggestions?

Edited by LuckyAshley

Having taken Bernard's one year then Capt. Bobs speedboat, In March we took the public bus to Marigot, we visited the market, ate croissants at Seraphinas and climbed Ft St Louis and visited an art gallery. Then we took the bus back to the port and shopped in town. great day!

My husband did this and loved it. You race in actual America's cup sailboats. Two boats race each other. Everyone is given a job from strenuous ]to observer. There are several times for this activity so you could sleep in and book a later time. Takes only about 2 hours from check in to finishing the race so you could have the relaxing day you are seeking. If you like sailing, I think you'd enjoy this activity.