Juneau taxi vs cab for group of 10 to Mendellhall

funcky

The shuttles are $20pp RT.

Call a few taxi companies to see if they can fit 5 people into 2 cabs then get an estimate. (For 2-3 people a cab runs about $40 each way .... there might be an additional charge for more passengers).

The shuttles are $20pp RT.

Call a few taxi companies to see if they can fit 5 people into 2 cabs then get an estimate. (For 2-3 people a cab runs about $40 each way .... there might be an additional charge for more passengers).

Evergreen taxi charged us $40 for our party of 4 from Mendenhall to the cruise ship earlier this month.

It is my experience that the buses stop running at 6:00 pm. You need to line up fairly early on the return, as we saw many people get left behind when we took the 3:30 return bus with standing room only. I mean, obviously they caught the next bus, but I'm sure it was a little frustrating.

Taxis are not waiting at the park when you exit, so if you do go by cab be sure to pre-arrange one for a specific time, or have the number available to call when you are ready.

EDITED to add: the bus ticket costs $21.00 return - this is with 5% tax added. Our two fares were $42.00, just so you know.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

If you have more time than just for Mendenhall you should call and ask about two rental cars from downtown. Lets some stay longer at site and more ways to get out of the weather. Almost no roads to get lost on. Have to gas the cars up at the end. Works at your schedule.

Sightcrr

• 4 weeks later...
Try to revive this quote. Sorry the title should have been taxi vs bus to to MendellHall.

Any tips, please share.

What other information are you looking for?

IF you use a cab- if you don't arrange pick up in advance (I would also be verifying the pick up that day), you will need to call a cab yourself, at least 30 minutes prior to needing it.

If you have more time than just for Mendenhall you should call and ask about two rental cars from downtown. Lets some stay longer at site and more ways to get out of the weather. Almost no roads to get lost on. Have to gas the cars up at the end. Works at your schedule.

Sightcrr

Or have you considered renting a larger passenger van? I got an eleven seat passenger van from Juneau Car Rentals for about $125.

So in addition to Mendenhall Glacier, we also made stops at the Macaulay Salmon Hatchery, the Alaska Brewery Company, and the Shrine of St. Therese.