Miami airport to Port of Miami taxi cost/time?

Irishman45

It's been a few years since our last trip out of Miami, usually go out of Ft Lauderdale. Can anyone tell me how much a taxi currently would be from Miami airport to the Miami port. If memory serves it was like 15-20min away am I correct?

Here is the latest taxi rate info from the MIA airport web site, including various taxi flat rate zones: http://www.miami-airport.com/pdfdoc/Taxi-Rates-2013.pdf

Thank you for posting this. It was actually readable. The other links from the Miami airport page were so dark and I couldn't read them.

It's nice to see people trying to be helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the latest taxi rate info from the MIA airport web site, including various taxi flat rate zones: http://www.miami-airport.com/pdfdoc/Taxi-Rates-2013.pdf

This chart is no longer accurate. The MIA to seaport flat rate is now $27.

http://www.miami-airport.com/hotel_shuttles.asp

http://www.miamidade.gov/business/taxicab.asp

You could also try Uber. The fares are usually cheaper. I paid $17.22 from MIA to POM a few weeks ago. It's reliable and nicer than a cab. Uber is my new favorite thing and I've been falling in love as of late.

You could also try Uber if you have a smartphone. The fares are usually cheaper. I paid $17.22 from MIA to POM a few weeks ago. It's reliable and nicer than a cab. Uber is my new favorite thing and I've been falling in love as of late.

Is that Uber price per person?

Nope - that is the price for the car, bags, multiple passengers - just like a taxi.

Uber has had some "issues" with both the MIA and FLL airports - licensing, insurance, etc. Using them for a trip originating at the airport may not work.

Nope - that is the price for the car, bags, multiple passengers - just like a taxi.

Uber has had some "issues" with both the MIA and FLL airports - licensing, insurance, etc. Using them for a trip originating at the airport may not work.

Thanks!!! Interested in ride from hotel near airport to port so that would be fine. Information very helpful.

Thanks!!! Interested in ride from hotel near airport to port so that would be fine. Information very helpful.

Same with us! Going from the IC to Port of Miami. There shouldn't be a problem using Uber for that....right?! :confused:

Same with us! Going from the IC to Port of Miami. There shouldn't be a problem using Uber for that....right?! :confused:

IC to POM is about an $11-12 cab ride - how much will you save with Uber instead of just jumping into the first cab in line?

IC to POM is about an $11-12 cab ride - how much will you save with Uber instead of just jumping into the first cab in line?

I've never used Uber and it appears to be a hot topic on these boards of late. My SIL, who is cruising with me, asked if Uber could get into the port for a drop off after having read about it not being allowed at the airports. She uses Uber exclusively in and around DC.......and the ride would be free as I am a new user...so we will be saving the $11-12 taxi fare (which is not a big deal in the whole scheme of things).

So again, are there any issues using Uber to drop us off at the port?

• 4 months later...