Highly Recommend Godfrey

DiTomCruisers

He had some computer issues, which have been sorted.

He picked us up outside of the security area. We were greeted with a big, genuine smile and he asked us if we wanted a soda or water (free, I tipped him afterwards to include what we drank).

He is very proud of the island and has many facts at the top of his head (I was "googling" as he was stating numbers of residents, square mileage of islands, etc. and he is spot on).

We liked the way he drove, meaning he wasn't a crazy island driver. He drove at a measured speed and was very cautious on the hills and winding roads.

He gave us some time at central shopping area, we opted for two hours, which was plenty.

We were taken to a nice vista where we saw our ship at Havensight Dock, he pointed out the islands around there.

Next we went to the Mt Top where the views were spectacular. We used our free banana daiquiri coupons he gave us (saving us $8 or so per drink).

We then went to another place (I forget the name) looking over Megan's Bay (which is stunning). He pointed out the islands at that end of St Thomas. It's near the zip-line place. They had self-serve rum punch, water and no-run Punch too.

He then dropped off those that wanted to go to the beach, Cokie or Megan's. We weren't interested in swimming, so he took us back to the dock, all the time pointing out various areas of interest.

The whole tour took maybe 4 hours (we didn't swim) and cost us $35 each. A trip to the shopping area from the dock was $6 each way by a taxi, so factor in a very good narration, two drinks, waters/sodas and three stops at excellent vistas and his tour is a bargain.

• 3 weeks later...
Glad to hear this! Booked Godfrey for April.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Forums mobile app

His email confirmation will tell you where to meet him. We were docked at the Havensight dock and we met him directly on the other side of the security area. The other taxi drivers confirmed this and he was there right on time. You will love the tour, bring a camera, as he'll be showing you all the sights and giving you the history of St Thomas.

We are going to St. Thomas twice in April on our B2B cruises. Would like to do a tour on one visit, but looking for a smaller group-maybe 4 or 6 people? Does Godfrey have vehicles to accommodate a group this small?

Thanks!!

Godfrey tours is the best. The other stop with the rum punch was the Botanical Gardens--beautiful views, parrots, and scenery.

We have toured with Godfrey three years in a row. He is the absolute best in St Thomas. Another nice stop in town is the synagogue...beautiful history...it's just up the hill from the shopping.

Safe sailing

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed Godfrey last night but I haven't heard back yet. My question was...are kids full price on the tour? We're a group of 5...2 adults, and 3 kids ages 11, 10, and 4. Just wondering if the kids get a reduced price or not. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the info! Thanks!

• 1 month later...
He had some computer issues, which have been sorted.

He picked us up outside of the security area. We were greeted with a big, genuine smile and he asked us if we wanted a soda or water (free, I tipped him afterwards to include what we drank).

He is very proud of the island and has many facts at the top of his head (I was "googling" as he was stating numbers of residents, square mileage of islands, etc. and he is spot on).

We liked the way he drove, meaning he wasn't a crazy island driver. He drove at a measured speed and was very cautious on the hills and winding roads.

He gave us some time at central shopping area, we opted for two hours, which was plenty.

We were taken to a nice vista where we saw our ship at Havensight Dock, he pointed out the islands around there.

Next we went to the Mt Top where the views were spectacular. We used our free banana daiquiri coupons he gave us (saving us $8 or so per drink).

We then went to another place (I forget the name) looking over Megan's Bay (which is stunning). He pointed out the islands at that end of St Thomas. It's near the zip-line place. They had self-serve rum punch, water and no-run Punch too.

He then dropped off those that wanted to go to the beach, Cokie or Megan's. We weren't interested in swimming, so he took us back to the dock, all the time pointing out various areas of interest.

The whole tour took maybe 4 hours (we didn't swim) and cost us $35 each. A trip to the shopping area from the dock was $6 each way by a taxi, so factor in a very good narration, two drinks, waters/sodas and three stops at excellent vistas and his tour is a bargain.

Thanks for the review - is this Tour #1 on his website??

We did the tour starting at 10am because we didn't want that much shopping time. We will be back next year and we will do the 9am for more shopping time.

We had a great tour. Not sure if we will do #1 or #2. Depends on how much beach time my group wants.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Margie, I think this was #1 on his website. He's really easy-going and willing to work with you.

The island had some internet issues back in the late fall, so there may have been some bad press about him not getting back to folks, but pop him an email, he'll get back to you.

Have a great cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

I had also heard great things about him - was very disappointed and will not recommend him. I will however, recommend Bernard's should anyone be going to St Maarten.

• 1 month later...

I usually contact him as soon as we decide to take his tour. No money upfront, so no worries, but he will send u a confirmation. We also were able to add a friend we met on the ship the night before.

He sometimes runs a little late arriving, but with 3 trips has always been amazing. We will always take his tour

Safe sailing

I had also heard great things about him - was very disappointed and will not recommend him. I will however, recommend Bernard's should anyone be going to St Maarten.

Would you mind letting us know what was disappointing about your experience? I'm trying to decide if I want to do Godfrey's tour, just grab a "cab" to a beach, or just stay on the ship for St. Thomas since I did not have a good experience with another tour guide the last time I was there (he never showed).

Well, our ship docked an hour early and we got off the ship about 20 minutes after docking. When we found Godfrey at the dock, he had already sent the tour out and was mad at us that "now I have to spend my money to get you met up with the rest of the group." Also, every stop he made conveniently had a gift shop of some sort, leading me to believe that he may be simply picking stops that will give him a kickback--the other problem is that our tour was also cut short an hour of what it was supposed to be, and every stop was only about 10 minutes or so.