Help For Pre-Cruise Family in Miami

LTCSZ

Hi: We will be sailing on the Norwegian Escape our of Miami in June of 2016. The whole family is going; Grandfather and grandmother, Daughter and two grandsons. (Pray for me)...Anyway, I am new at this and was wondering if anyone could provide some pre-cruise advice. Most importantly, recommending a nice hotel close to the port and suggestions on the best transportation to the terminal. I have noticed that hardly any hotels seem to provide complementary shuttle service to the port. We will also need shuttle service from the airport. Sorry to request so much info at once, but I know hotels will fill up quickly at that time of year. Thank you very much!

You have lots of choices for hotel.

For a full service hotel yes take a look at the Intercontinental or the Marriott Hotel which are both located about a 5 to 10 minute drive to the port and about a 20 minute drive from the airport.

If you want something that is not full service but includes breakfast the Hampton Inn downtown Miami Hotel is a nice alternative and is located around the same distances from airport and port.

I too would go with taxis both getting to hotels, getting to the terminal and getting from terminal at the end of the cruise back to the airport. Other than the rate between port and airport which is a fixed rate the others are metered so the precise amount varies by route taken and time of day due to traffic. The prices that nhaformula00 provided are good estimates and that would be per taxi not person and before tip.

Keith

Assuming you are arriving into MIA early enough to enjoy Miami I would also consider the Hyatt, Holiday Inn, Marriott and Doubletree in downtown.

Van and SUV cabs are available at the same fare as standard cabs - you might need two cabs for all of you plus bags, especially if anyone packs like my wife. :o