Copenhagen Port Taxis

Taxis line up just outside Oceankaj if that is the terminal you're using. We walked off the Eurodam at 5:30 am recently and taxis were available. Our fare to the airport was just under 400 DK.

There have been some reports of people having to wait 30-45 minutes if there is a long line.

We disembarked Eurodam yesterday with a big Princess ship taxi line ups long,at least 45 minutes a shuttle bus offered us a ride to town and we took train to airport.I would recommend ship's shuttle to airport unless like us you have a late flight and are physically fit.The line up for the city bus was very long too.

Edited by Louise sail

Thank you!!

I'm debating what to do ..Princess transfers are pretty $$$ but we are 4 people and finding something to fit us all might be hard plus I'm concerned about availability, :confused:

we shared a 6 seater minivan with Limos4 which we booked in advance-fancy leather seats and chauffeur met us at arrivals hall with name card

It was 1280DKK for entire van-you don't say how much Princess transfers are but particularly if you find another couple to share may work out cost wise

We disembarked Eurodam yesterday with a big Princess ship taxi line ups long,at least 45 minutes a shuttle bus offered us a ride to town and we took train to airport.I would recommend ship's shuttle to airport unless like us you have a late flight and are physically fit.The line up for the city bus was very long too.

What time was it that you saw such a long taxi line?

We will be disembarking the Regal Princess at the end of July. We would prefer to take a taxi to the airport. However, since our flight is not until 1:30PM, we can stay on the ship until about 10:00AM.

Do you think it would be easier to get a taxi at that time?

Sadie

We left the ship at 9:30 AM,Holland asked for everyone to clear ship by then.We were on a BtoB and 12 days earlier were told by shore staff that the lines for taxis were shorter on week days when leaving either early or later not during rush hour.We saw much shorter lines at 9:30 the previous cruise but we were the only ship with two ships the wait was too long.

I would prebook a car or take the ship's bus to airport.The office staff said there is such a high demand that if you prebooked a car and were not there waiting someone else would take your ride.Check to see ifyou will be the only ship in port.

We left the ship at 9:30 AM,Holland asked for everyone to clear ship by then.We were on a BtoB and 12 days earlier were told by shore staff that the lines for taxis were shorter on week days when leaving either early or later not during rush hour.We saw much shorter lines at 9:30 the previous cruise but we were the only ship with two ships the wait was too long.

I would prebook a car or take the ship's bus to airport.The office staff said there is such a high demand that if you prebooked a car and were not there waiting someone else would take your ride.Check to see ifyou will be the only ship in port.

Thank you so much for the information.

We return to Copenhagen and disembark on Wednesday, July 29.

If I am reading the port schedule correctly, it looks like the Regal Princess is the only ship in port that day.

That is very good news!

Thanks again,

Sadie

We got off the Eurodam this last week.

How long you wait for a taxi depends on how many ships are in port and timing. It seems that there are a number of taxis, but if they are all in the middle of the run to the airport, you may have to wait for them to return back to the port. It seemed like the line was moving very fast initially, then slowed down and didn't seem to move for awhile and then all of a sudden started moving quickly again.

While we were waiting in line, we met another couple and decided to share the taxi to split the cost.

We had no trouble fitting 4 adults, 4 large pieces of luggage and 3 smaller pieces in the taxi.

The price was just under 400 Danish Kroner, can't remember the exact price.

The taxi line was very orderly and well organized with a steady stream of taxis.

There were two ships in port that day loading and unloading passengers, the Eurodam and the Regal Princess which carries a lot of passengers.

The city bus and multiple HOHO bus lines wait at the cruise terminal, too. We had zero wait for the HOHO, plus they took on luggage, but they did not go to the airport. They did, however, stop at Copenhagen's central station, which does; and those are 2-day HOHO passes. We took the city bus there to embark but not to disembark, and that seemed slow and crowded--but compared to taxi, it was practically free.

I've arranged a shuttle that was recommended here for the 10 of us. We all have flights going every which way and need a timely transfer. Fair price and a firm pick up time. I'm not up for trains ..buses...when I'm done, I want to go!:)

I've arranged a shuttle that was recommended here for the 10 of us. We all have flights going every which way and need a timely transfer. Fair price and a firm pick up time. I'm not up for trains ..buses...when I'm done, I want to go!:)

Can you tell me which company did you arrange the shuttle with and how much it was? I have a family of 5 and trying to get a private car or if I go with my friends, there will be 23 of us. I am at a different hotel as them. I am worried that I cannot find a taxi to accommodate all 5 of us with luggages to get to Regal Princess on Aug. 9 and also when we disembark on Aug. 20. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Apparently none of the taxi companies accept bookings from the cruiseport so its first come first served.

But there are this car services instead.

http://cphlimo.com/en/home

http://www.limos4copenhagen.com/

http://www.holidaytaxis.com/en/transfers/denmark/copenhagen-airport/

http://limocph.dk/

About how much to cab from the O. port to the Hebron hotel near to the central train station? It will be a Sunday. Thanks. DH always like to pay cabs in cash. So I'd like to have enough in hand.

Apparently none of the taxi companies accept bookings from the cruiseport so its first come first served.

But there are this car services instead.

http://cphlimo.com/en/home

http://www.limos4copenhagen.com/

http://www.holidaytaxis.com/en/transfers/denmark/copenhagen-airport/

http://limocph.dk/

Thanks for all the links. Do you happen to know if it is easy for me to get a taxi van to fit all 5 adults from Avenue Hotel Copenhagen in Frederiksberg to Oceankaj Regal Princess Terminal and also from the terminal back to this hotel and how much it is roughly. Limos4 is charging me 950 DKK one way. Will a taxi be way much cheaper?

There seems to be a new bus 25 that goes to the terminal on this link http://cruiseportwiki.com/Copenhagen. Is this right?

Update May 2015 - From May 2 to Oct 1 2015, new bus route 25 will run between Norreport and Oceankaj when cruise ships are in port. From Moviatrafik.dk: When cruise ships dock at Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal) shuttle buses will be operating between Nørreport Station and Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal) with stop at Østerport Station (at Folke Bernadottes Allé) from 8 AM until 4 PM approximately every 20-30 minutes. It is also possible to use bus 27 to and from Oceankaj - the 27 operates between Oceankaj and Østerport Station. See the timetable for more information. http://*******/jkWMI9

A taxi will cost you about 250 kroner and you can get your hotel to order a big van for you.

But as noted before, at the pier its first come first served.

Thanks, Danish Viking,

The hotel said no guarantee but they will try to get a van for us to go to Oceankaj but I am worried about the return from Oceankaj to the Avenue hotel. My 18 other friends are on a shuttle to First Mayfair and if I were to join them there, I have to pay DKK 672 as the minibus they are getting will have to be changed to a coach to accommodate 23 (we are 5 adults) people. Don't want to look like a fool standing there waiting in long line for a taxi while my friends get off in a shuttle quickly.

• 3 years later...

Its a Wednesday and there is 4 ships in port and only one of them is big so I'll say its a scare tactic in order to sell some bus tickets.

You will only share Oceankaj with the big MSC ship and it arrives 1 hour after your ship so it should be possible to beat the crowd for the busses.

It might be possible that you can't get on a taxi right away but I call a 2 hour waiting time for Bullsh..

But else you got bus 25 and 27 to Østerport or Nørreport stations.