Most active kids' club for 4-5 year olds

anonmom

I'm trying to find out what ship has the best space in the kids club for a 4 year old (almost 5) who really enjoys being active. Things like jungle gyms and ball pits and splash pads that are inside the kids club so she can use them without parental supervision.

Thanks!

We have an active 3 yr old, we went on the carnival magic. It's called camp ocean, they have an igloo with a small slide to climb on in the 2-5 yr class. They pass out a schedule and it seemed pretty well followed, there was dancing, obstacle courses, car races and lots more. They always seemed busy and entertained. The other great thing about the magic was the waterworks area and kid friendly slides, our lo had a blast! *They don't take the young kids around water, they stay in their area.

I'm trying to find out what ship has the best space in the kids club for a 4 year old (almost 5) who really enjoys being active. Things like jungle gyms and ball pits and splash pads that are inside the kids club so she can use them without parental supervision.

Thanks!

My almost 4 year old really loved NCL's Splash Academy but I would not describe it as active. It's more crafts and songs. And the space is too small for jungle gyms etc. The older kids get taken up to the sports court but the 3-5 year old group does not.

I guess some Celebrity ships had a splash pad or wading pool and also ball pits in their kids area, but then they were "Solstice-iced" and they took them out. :(

MSC has a promo video that states that at least one of their ships has a "supervised" aqua park, but I'm thinking they mean that it has lifeguards, not actual child care.

Sooner, Camp Ocean on Carnival Magic sounds good. It would be nice to find a ship with a bigger climbing structure in the kids club, but as long as they are keeping the kids active with activities, that would work, too.

Cadien, what NCL ship was this on? Are they all pretty similar in terms of having a smaller space? Songs and crafts are good for part of the time, but my kid needs to move during the day or we struggle at bedtime!

Cadien, what NCL ship was this on? Are they all pretty similar in terms of having a smaller space? Songs and crafts are good for part of the time, but my kid needs to move during the day or we struggle at bedtime!

I was on one of the smaller ships, the Star. And it's the only cruise we've done. It's very possible that the larger ships have much more extensive kids clubs.

• 3 weeks later...

My ds (4 y/o) is super active all the time. We've only done Carnival with him, and the Breeze had the best facility so far. They also had the camp ocean "slide" it's a lot smaller than I originally thought.. About the same size as a clubhouse with a slide attached that my ds had at home. Maybe 3-4 kids could play on it at once. The "parties" he did much better at, because they were super active.. But oddly enough they didn't have "night owl" parties on the Breeze, but so many people were asking for them, they were going to bring them back. Apparently Camp Ocean was going to do away with the Night Owl parties, and they only had a party one or two nights instead. They did stuff like chase balloons and dancing during camp.. Which was great with ds, story time, not so much. Lol.

Do look for a ship with waterworks though, that has the smaller slides and dump buckets for the kids. The fantasy class ships have waterworks, but not the small slides. Ds LOVED them. I know for a fact that the Breeze and Sunshine have it. I'm not sure if other ships have them also.

We were thinking of switching to Disney because they have Andys Room and a Bridge and a ton of space for the children to do things in, but when we got pack and play offers from carnival, we couldn't resist and booked 3 more cruises lol. Disney will have to wait until next summer.

I also saw the photos of the ball pits online a few months ago and wanted to take ds on one of those ships, but I couldn't confirm which ship it was on. A long time ago (pre ds) we were in RCI Freedom, and they had a pretty cool splash park area that was pretty large, but all the splash park and waterworks areas are parent supervised.