Questions about terminals at London Heathrow

My husband and I will be arriving on Virgin Atlantic, which we've been told is at T3. Our friends will be arriving on United, which I believe is T2. Do these terminals share the same arrivals hall and customs? We had planned to meet at the Buget Rental car counter. The instructions say there is one in each terminal. So, I am confused--- do you go to the rental counter before immigration in terminal 3 or after in an arrivals hall. Our friend has to be there with us when we sign for the car as he will also be driving and needs to sign for the car also.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

T2 & T3 do not share arrivals halls. The arrival hall is simply the unsecured space after customs. Each has a rental area. BUT, they are within walking distance, probably 10-15 minutes. Just pick the hall you want to meet in (suggest the later flight's hall), and meet at the coffee shop in that hall. Should be relatively simple.

Edited by markeb

T2 & T3 do not share arrivals halls. The arrival hall is simply the unsecured space after customs. Each has a rental area. BUT, they are within walking distance, probably 10-15 minutes. Just pick the hall you want to meet in (suggest the later flight's hall), and meet at the coffee shop in that hall. Should be relatively simple.

Thanks so much - you must be there now! We sail on the Brilliance next month- enjoy your cruise!

BUT, they are within walking distance, probably 10-15 minutes.
Whoever is doing the walking should not expect to walk at street level. The easiest thing is initially to follow the signs for the Tube (Underground), which will take you down into the below-ground walkways. There will eventually be signs for the other terminal - just follow them then.

Whoever is doing the walking should not expect to walk at street level. The easiest thing is initially to follow the signs for the Tube (Underground), which will take you down into the below-ground walkways. There will eventually be signs for the other terminal - just follow them then.

Quite. I should have written that!