Cockleshell bay or south friars bay

bucky0926

Where do you think the better beach is? I'm looking for lounge chairs and shade (either trees or umbrellas). Best beach bar (shipwreck or reggae)? Best snorkeling (we will be there in late August so if anyone knows of seaweed problems or bug situations that would be helpful)? Best conditions to flyboard (if you don't know what it is you can google it but I'm not really sure what the best conditions are for this new sport)? I think that cockleshell is on the atlantic ocean and south friars bay is on the caribbean? Will that make a difference? Any and all opinions are appreciated.

Fly boarding is only offered on Cockelshell Beach, Cockelshell & South Friars are both on the Caribbean. Many people snorkel on South Friars.

There is another company called beach addiction that also offers flyboarding and they are located by the shipwreck beach bar. Knowing that which beach would you prefer?

• 2 weeks later...
We like Cockleshell. It's farther from the cruise port and isn't nearly as crowded.

Well as it turns out the other company that offers the fly boarding never got back to me so Cockleshell wins by default. Hope the snorkeling is good....

Haven't been to South Friars but I absolutely loved cockleshell!!! Would definite recommend going there.

How much would the cab be to Reggae Beach and do we have to arrange a pick up time or will there be plenty of cabs at this beach?