London to Southampton Cruise terminal

b7440

I use a scooter, and we have booked a Royal Caribbean cruise leaving out ou Southampton England. What would be the best way for my wife and I with 2 suitcases, and one, maybe two carry on bags! To travel from London to the cruise terminal. Any thoughts??

I'd suggest that you check out the train. We took the train, two of us on scooters, to Harwich and it worked great. I did look up transportation info for an able bodied individual to Southampton recently and the train offered better service than any shuttle or tour type bus.

It was a couple years ago when we took the train and I noticed that they now have an easier system for the disabled bookings. As far as pricing, I think the best pricing was between two or three months before travel date. We waited until about three months out and got a considerable better price. Also, I was told the prices went back up in the last few weeks before departure date.

I do not believe that the train goes all the way to the cruise terminal.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

Edited by raindropsalways

I would recommend the National Coach Express which we have used successfully in the past and are using again next month. You need to tell them in advance of your special needs. They are a fraction of the train fare and operated very regularly. In Southampton you will arrive at the Central Coach Station which is about a 10 GBP ride to either of the cruise terminals.

If you would rather First Class service, we used SmithsforAirports as a private shuttle from Heathrow to Southampton and then from the Southampton Pier to Heathrow. They were prompt with a sign with our name on it. The cars were clean and well maintained and the drivers were pleasant and courteous. I have no issues recommending them.

If you take the train you will need to advise them in advance, but it should be fairly easy. I have seen recommendations for accessible vehicles, so it may be worth your while doing a search or putting your question on the UK forum.