Cruise hotel near Fort Lauderdale cruise pier

dptt

Please, suggestions for hotel near cruise port in Fort Lauderdale that provides transportation from airport to hotel, free breakfast, and shuttle to cruise port. Thank You for your help,

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info - great resource for anyone cruising from Port Everglades.

I would not focus too much on "free" shuttles - taxis are cheap and distances are not great between FLL, "downtown" and Port Everglades.

Lots of hotels near FLL and even more in the downtown/17th street area with dining, shopping and nightlife within walking distance.

Good luck! :)

Please, suggestions for hotel near cruise port in Fort Lauderdale that provides transportation from airport to hotel, free breakfast, and shuttle to cruise port. Thank You for your help,

We've had very good luck with Springhill Suites, Dania Beach.

• 4 weeks later...
We've had very good luck with Springhill Suites, Dania Beach.

Hi Clarea -- you have answered many posts for me so thanks -- I was wondering if there are any stores nearby (walking distance) to pick up a couple bottles of wine - thanks again

Hi Clarea -- you have answered many posts for me so thanks -- I was wondering if there are any stores nearby (walking distance) to pick up a couple bottles of wine - thanks again

Embassy Suites on SE 17th Street. It is right in front of the Harbor Shoppes where there is a Total Wine store and a Publix grocery. It's a 5 minute walk plus there are many other shops, stores, and restaurants within walking distance. The hotel will shuttle to the port but they charge a fee, a taxi to the port would be about $10 from Embassy Suites.

There is a mall that is walking distance to the Springhill Suites, but I don't know if there is any wine sold there.

There is a mall that is walking distance to the Springhill Suites, but I don't know if there is any wine sold there.

Wine at BJ Wholesale Club. Some selection at Kmart. Both across the main highway from Springhill.

Hi :) The Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South and Cruise looks to be a great one!! It's just about 4 months old. They offer free airport shuttle, free breakfast and they do offer shuttles to the cruise ports, Port Everglades and Port of Miami. I am sorry, I do not know the exact prices for Port Everglades. We are sailing out of Miami so I have arranged transfers with a company they recommended.....All Star Transportation. It will be $68 each way for 4 adults.

Personally, I would forget about the free shuttle to the pier. If that service is offered, don't you think there will be, potentially, dozens of guests wanting to do that? Crammed into a little shuttle van with luggage and such... no way. We'd take a cab and if it is close to the pier, it certainly won't cost much money. :) JMHO, of course.

Quality Inn & Suites Airport/Cruise Port South

2520 Stirling Rd

Hollywood, FL 33020

does all 3 you want. we've stayed there 4 times now. all the shopping right next door is great. we actually pack lighter and get stuff there to bring on the ship. not super nice hotel, but all you need. yes you will get crammed into a bus for your free trip to the pier but they go often enough it's not really a big deal. plus it saves $20 for taxi (with tip and waiting time).

i looked and

Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South and Cruise does NOT show free pier shuttle on their site, Quality does.

i'm currently searching for same thing however as their rates have gone up a LOT for when we're going (mid Oct). used to get a room there for 80 now cheapest i'm seeing 120 for a 2 beds room. that's a huge increase in just one year (we stayed last october).

i also know from experience i can rent a car on priceline for 20+10 taxes +10 gas and then get hotel further for about 70. that gives lots of freedom. and half the agencies have shuttles from the airport to the peir. so kind of a pita to head back to airport sunday morning and then take their bus to the peir but it's not full and the driver is board so they're happy to leave when you ask. (we did this in miami and worked great).

post up what you find.

Quality Inn & Suites Airport/Cruise Port South

2520 Stirling Rd

Hollywood, FL 33020

does all 3 you want. we've stayed there 4 times now. all the shopping right next door is great. we actually pack lighter and get stuff there to bring on the ship. not super nice hotel, but all you need. yes you will get crammed into a bus for your free trip to the pier but they go often enough it's not really a big deal. plus it saves $20 for taxi (with tip and waiting time).

i looked and

Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South and Cruise does NOT show free pier shuttle on their site, Quality does.

i'm currently searching for same thing however as their rates have gone up a LOT for when we're going (mid Oct). used to get a room there for 80 now cheapest i'm seeing 120 for a 2 beds room. that's a huge increase in just one year (we stayed last october).

i also know from experience i can rent a car on priceline for 20+10 taxes +10 gas and then get hotel further for about 70. that gives lots of freedom. and half the agencies have shuttles from the airport to the peir. so kind of a pita to head back to airport sunday morning and then take their bus to the peir but it's not full and the driver is board so they're happy to leave when you ask. (we did this in miami and worked great).

post up what you find.

This is near Oakwood Plaza, right? Can I ask what stores you like there? We are currently booked at La Quinta Inn & Suites which is on the other side of Oakwood Plaza and am also thinking of checking out the mall and grabbing dinner there.

i have no idea what the shopping area is called. i included the address so people could be certain they got the right hotel.

i see google maps in your future....

Yes, already use google maps. Was just curious on the ones that you partically 'pre shop' at since you mentioned that you pack lighter and shop there. We don't have all the shops where I'm from so am not familar with them so was just cruious on the 'good ones'. Anyways, good to hear. We actually selected this area over Comfort inn at 17th street since the shops seemed more practical.

looks like if you zoom all the way in google doesn't tell you all the shop names.

kmart is the big one. we get all our soda and water for the trip there. there's old navy and ross if you forgot clothes and a big lots for anything in between. if you want booze, the BJs is like costco and requires a membership but not for booze. prices are only ok though. and if you have time grandpa's bakery featured on diners drive ins and dives is only a mile's walk away to the east at the end of sterling. it's quiet yummy.

We're trying the Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport - Cruise port this time. It is on 18th street in Dania and is supposed to be about 4 miles from the pier. We are driving so we need free parking.

This has a cruise package for Port Everglades for $156 plus taxes for a total of $175.38 for two people, checking in on August 22, 2015. We get breakfast included, parking while we're gone, and round trip transfers from the hotel to the pier.

Hilton is also offering double points through the end of August. We have stayed at the Hampton Inn Plantation before and that was nice but farther from the port.

hey all,

i think we're off point now.

original post was

free ride from airport

free ride to port

this is REALLY rare. i know only the hotel i posted to do this. it's also exceptional in that it's walking distance from great shopping.

SO - because their rate has going from 80 to 120 in a year, let's stick to any other hotels that have both, even if cost is not object and it appears our original poster is not with us any longer.

it'll certainly help me as we have october cruise coming and maybe others.

This Friday, we'll be staying at the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port (Gulf Stream Way in Dania Beach). It has free transportation between the airport and the cruise port. No free breakfast but they have a little café where you can buy food. I looked on Google maps and it doesn't look like it's near any shops or anything but we're only staying a night so it's fine for us.

Edited by Momma of Two

that is a really good find.

it's hard to find both sides of the transportation problem. breakfast is always an english style breakfast at these places typically so that's not huge (IMO).

but they are fairly expensive and you do give up some really convenient shopping right next door.

sure wish we'd hear back from the original poster.