Taxi to cruise port Buenos Aires

Helenora

If I decide to catch a taxi to the cruise terminal in Buenos Aires, where will it let me off? Will I be able to walk to where my ship is docked or is that not permitted? I will only have a small carry on bag

If I decide to catch a taxi to the cruise terminal in Buenos Aires, where will it let me off? Will I be able to walk to where my ship is docked or is that not permitted? I will only have a small carry on bag

A taxi will drop you off where your ship is docked.

We cruised out of Buenos Aires last February. Our hotel staff called a taxi, which delivered us to the cruise terminal. We were dropped off just outside of the check-in area.

Most of the South American cruise ports we visited on that B2B2B series were more industrial than generally found in either North America or Europe. But signage in the BA cruise terminal was very clear and we were quickly directed to the shuttles to our ship. While there have been some reports of slow boarding at the terminal in BA our ship was the only cruise ship in port that date so boarding was very quick.

We cruised out of Buenos Aires last February. Our hotel staff called a taxi, which delivered us to the cruise terminal. We were dropped off just outside of the check-in area.

Exactly like that. After check-in, a shuttle bus took us through the industrial area of the port to the ship.

After posting I realized that Helenora may have been asking if walking from the cruise terminal to the ship was allowed.

Certainly in the United States walking through such an industrial and busy port area would be prohibited due to both security concerns (i.e., someone putting some sort of device on one of the cargo containers) and safety issues. The Buenos Aires port is filled with a massive number of cargo containers, with numerous large cranes sorting and moving them. Large trucks are both loading and unloading the containers. This is just not the sort of environment in which port authorities would want someone just walking through it.

You are not, I repeat you are not allowed to walk from the terminal entrance to the ship. You must take a shuttle provided by the port.

You can take a taxi and be dropped off to the entrance of the port. From there you will walk through security and you will get on a shuttle that will drop you off at the ship.

Keith

• 1 month later...
You are not, I repeat you are not allowed to walk from the terminal entrance to the ship. You must take a shuttle provided by the port.

You can take a taxi and be dropped off to the entrance of the port. From there you will walk through security and you will get on a shuttle that will drop you off at the ship.

Keith

Can you walk from your hotel to the terminal entrance?

Most of the South American cruise ports we visited on that B2B2B series were more industrial than generally found in either North America or Europe. But signage in the BA cruise terminal was very clear and we were quickly directed to the shuttles to our ship. While there have been some reports of slow boarding at the terminal in BA our ship was the only cruise ship in port that date so boarding was very quick.

Lucky, hope our ship is the only one in BA port when we board in Feb.

Can you walk from your hotel to the terminal entrance?

I didn't see any hotels nearby. Without luggage, you could walk in the area, but it is not considered entirely safe. The terminal entrance is on a very busy main thoroughfare near a very busy open air bus terminal. We took a taxi ordered by our hotel.

On the day before, we walked nearby without the big camera, with only my small cross body bag and in city type, non-touristy clothes.

I didn't see any hotels nearby. Without luggage, you could walk in the area, but it is not considered entirely safe. The terminal entrance is on a very busy main thoroughfare near a very busy open air bus terminal. We took a taxi ordered by our hotel.

On the day before, we walked nearby without the big camera, with only my small cross body bag and in city type, non-touristy clothes.

There are some hotels in Retiro/Plaza San Martin that are kind of, sort of close...but as you point out, streets are busy and it would be really awkward if not downright dangerous to cart your luggage around.

Walking to the port is not advisable, particularly with luggage, documents and cash in hand for a cruise.