Transfer help please

CRUISE NEWBIE PA

Just out of curiosity how much is a car rental from FLL to POM...one way just for transportation using the car for no longer than one hour??

Also wouldn't it add to the rental cost if you need carseats for small children?

Thanks

Just out of curiosity how much is a car rental from FLL to POM...one way just for transportation using the car for no longer than one hour??

Also wouldn't it add to the rental cost if you need carseats for small children?

Thanks

I've seen it as cheap as $10 before taxes and insurance. Probably $25 including everything. If they are flying, they'll need car seats for the plane if the kids are that young.

Edited by BlueHerons

A one-way car rental can save you $$ but it can also be a hassle -- does your pre-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale charge for parking? :confused:

Driving in downtown Miami can be "interesting" :o - if you rent from National, Alamo or Thrifty and return to the MIA airport you can ride their free shuttle to POM. Avis, Budget and Hertz have downtown Miami locations close to POM - A $12 cab ride if they do not shuttle.

For about $60+tip I would probably opt for a shared shuttle instead of the rental car - unless you are in FLL for a couple of days the savings are minimal. Most of the shuttle companies list the hotels they will pick-up at on their web sites, saving you a trip back to FLL just to catch your shuttle.

Good luck! :confused:

I've seen it as cheap as $10 before taxes and insurance. Probably $25 including everything.

OP is sailing August 27 and would probably need to rent a full size for 2 adults & 2 kids plus luggage. Cheapest one way rental I can see for that date is around $55. Then there's the hassle of pick up, drop off, shuttles etc...

I was quoted 74 each way from all star tour.... is that a good price?

Does that include the tip? :confused:

Check with SAS, QLS, MJS and Go Airport -- fares start at about $15 per person each way (so $60 for all 4 of you). You'll have more options (and more hassle :() if you take the hotel shuttle back to FLL to catch your POM shuttle instead of asking for hotel pick-up.

It seems to me that $74 is a bit much considering the time spent getting the car and returning it if all you need is an hour worth of transportation. Plus there is an extra charge for carseats if needed. The shuttle for $15/pp is a better option.

we are flying into FLL and then taking the cruise shuttle. No way we are trying to drive in Miami traffic! Been there, done that (about 15 years ago) and it was a nightmare!!!!

cruise shuttles are so easy, just show up at baggage area, sign in, put luggage on bus, and get on. Right to the door, no hassles, and if that bus gets delayed, they will not leave without you as you are on THEIR bus, so they wait. For us it is a no brainer!

Hello all. I am sure this has been all done before but I am new to all of this.What is the best and most cost friendly to get from fll to pom cruise terminal. It will be 2 kids and 2 adults. Any info is helpful ie taxis vs shuttle vs what ever. THANKS

Definitely use the shuttles for ease of use. I have used SAS and MJS and both were great. Sometimes you will get a discount if you book early, i.e.; $13.00 per person. Most times you call while still on the plane to let them know when you are landing and they tell you where they will be etc. For my family and me this is the way to go especially with all the traffic and thruways and tolls and stuff to contend with using a rental car.

After the cruise, (as long as you have made reservation with same outfit) you get off the ship at pre-arranged time, look for your shuttle, and go back to airport.

One thing I will mention, if you are going to a hotel after cruise you MUST talk to the shuttle company to make sure they will take you there and the actual cost. Now the shuttles seem to want to take everyone back to Ft. Lauderdale airport and have you call whatever hotel you are staying at and have THEIR shuttle cart you to the hotel.