Train Between London & Liverpool

I was trying to figure out what train to get to travel between London and Liverpool. Can someone help including providing me with the URL for the site to book tickets and check schedules?

Also if we are looking to be near the Hard Days Night Hotel would this be the Liverpool Centre Train Station?

Thanks,

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

I was trying to figure out what train to get to travel between London and Liverpool. Can someone help including providing me with the URL for the site to book tickets and check schedules?

Also if we are looking to be near the Hard Days Night Hotel would this be the Liverpool Centre Train Station?

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith,

Ive been looking at this too but from Liverpool to London. So far Virgin trains seem to be the answer, they have an advance ticket which is 20 pounds as opposed to 80 pounds standard class. Goes Lime street Liverpool to Euston.

Staying at the Titanic hotel so sorry can;t help with the hotel...

regards ROscoe

Best site to check times etc is http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/planjourney/search

Its fairly easy to use, but any problems, let us know and we'll help you out. Virgin is the mainline operator London(Euston) to Liverpool Lime Street, so that should be what comes up. Bear in mind tickets will be cheaper off peak (0930 - 1700) and that often a return is not much more than a single (if you need it). You might also benefit from 'split ticketing'. Say the train stops at Crewe. The fare from London to Crewe, plus the fare Crewe to Liverpool can be cheaper than London to Liverpool. Have a look at this site to help you out. https://www.splitticketing.com/

Simon

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith,

As Roscoe says, Virgin Trains the Operator from London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street.

http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/

As long as you Book well in Advance, you will get a good price (£15 to £20 Each Way).

The Hard Days Night Hotel is only 10 Minutes walk from Lime Street Station.

It is located at the end of Matthew Street.

Thank you all for the help with this.

I really appreciate it.

I have one more question and normally would not be asking all of these questions but we are presently on a cruise so it's a little more time consuming to be doing internet searches.

One option for us will be having a private car take us from LHR over into London to the London Euston (sp) station to pick up the Train to Liverpool.

I took a quick look and don't think it is easy to take the train from LHR into London and then transfer to get another train over to the London Euston train station, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know what train(s) to pick up to get from LHR over to the train station in London or do you think it would just be easier to have a private car drop us off there.

Thank you again.

Keith

We did this in the Spring - going out from Heathrow we took a cab from Euston Station to Paddington Station to connect with the Heathrow Express to LHR. Very easy. Coming back from Heathrow to family in London we booked a car service. Price wise, there was little difference (2 adults ) but of course much easier with a car waiting.

We find the Heathrow Express ito be an excellent service but is slightly pricey.

We did this in the Spring - going out from Heathrow we took a cab from Euston Station to Paddington Station to connect with the Heathrow Express to LHR. Very easy. Coming back from Heathrow to family in London we booked a car service. Price wise, there was little difference (2 adults ) but of course much easier with a car waiting.

We find the Heathrow Express ito be an excellent service but is slightly pricey.

If you decide to do it this way (eg train to Paddington, black cab to Euston) check out https://www.heathrowconnect.com/home . Its a bit cheaper than the Express as it stops at about 6 stations en route.

Simon

One option for us will be having a private car take us from LHR over into London to the London Euston (sp) station to pick up the Train to Liverpool.

I took a quick look and don't think it is easy to take the train from LHR into London and then transfer to get another train over to the London Euston train station, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know what train(s) to pick up to get from LHR over to the train station in London or do you think it would just be easier to have a private car drop us off there.

The only easier rail option is Piccadilly Line Tube to Green Park and change to the Victoria Line to Euston. I think that there should be step-free routes at Heathrow and Green Park, and escalator routes at Euston. But this is not very convenient unless you're used to handling big luggage on the Tube.

For pure convenience, I think that a car all the way from LHR would be the answer. But you will have to be prepared for it to be likely to be significantly slower than the train at the time of the morning at which you're probably doing it.

I'm personally very sceptical about the Heathrow Connect for journeys from Heathrow. It basically takes twice as long as the Heathrow Express, and for many journeys into town that makes the journey no faster end-to-end than taking the Tube at a fraction of the price of the journey using Heathrow Connect. However, every journey is different, so you could find that this can work for you.

Thanks Simon - there are lots of options and they can all make sense depending on timings, routes, how much luggage and how many people. The Heathrow Express is a favourite of ours I must admit but understand it may not be for everyone. We were able to use our Railcard on it which sweetened it slightly price wise!