options for Port Liberty to EWR, no rush

mimi7ccr

We have a 3:30 flight from EWR to Tampa on a Wednesday after debarking from Serenade of Seas, so no hurry at all. What are our options. We do not have a RCCL transfer, so mainly interested in shuttle, taxi, car service, or public transport if available. Thanks for any suggestions. BTW we are a party of 2 with moderate luggage.

We have a 3:30 flight from EWR to Tampa on a Wednesday after debarking from Serenade of Seas, so no hurry at all. What are our options. We do not have a RCCL transfer, so mainly interested in shuttle, taxi, car service, or public transport if available. Thanks for any suggestions. BTW we are a party of 2 with moderate luggage.

Shuttle - $28.50/p.p.

taxi/ car service - $55-60

Public transit - shuttle to light rail - $6-8/pp (?)

Light rail to Exchange Place - $2.10/pp

PATH to Newark - $2.75/pp

NJTransit train to the airport - $8.25/pp

Thanks, Carol. Adding up all the charges for public transport, it seems taxi would be our best option. Maybe we can share one with another couple or single on our roll call. We will get off the ship as late as possible to minimize the wait at EWR, plus we have free passes to the United Lounge that we can use, so the wait might not be too bad. Again, thanks for the info.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anyone tried UBER from Port Liberty to Newark airport? Also, what's the travel time from port to airport? Should I get a hotel room the night before or is it less than 40 minutes away?

I haven't tried it personally, but I just checked the app and there is a car waiting at the terminal right now, so it should be possible. Uber estimate that the fare will be $18-$24 (though take that with a pinch of salt). Travel time is definitely less than 40 minutes -- I'd estimate about 15-30 minutes depending on traffic.