Hotel to leave car parked while on cruise....help

Oops! Sorry Ft. Lauderdale.....

No hotels close to the port other than the Embassy but they charge you to park. Parking is expensive and scarce on 17th Street.

One of the airport hotels may have free parking but you have to pay to get from the port back to the hotel which could easily run you $25.

Honestly, the few dollars you may save sometimes aren't worth the hassle of parking offsite.

http://www.ParkSleepFly.com

http://www.sunny.org and http://www.stay123.com are two more resources to check for hotels offering cruise parking packages.

Coming from JAX Beach should be about a 5 hour drive straight down 95 - I would get on the road at 6:00 and either park at the port or one of the off site places and be on the ship enjoying a DOD by noon.

We are meeting friends who are flying in.....I have checked those sites there is a big choice I just don't want to stay in a dump.....

My suggestion would be to pick whatever hotel you want to stay in and park at the port.

Good 17th Street Hotels:

Embassy

Hilton Marina

Renaissance

Hyatt Pier 66

Beach Hotels:

Ritz Carlton

W Hotel

Westin

Marriott Harbor Beach

Lago Mar

Intracoastal Waterway Hotels:

Pillars

Doubletree Gallery One

The Riverside Hotel

And that's my list.

We're trying the Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport - Cruise port this time. It is on 18th street in Dania and is about 5.5 to 6 miles from the pier. We are driving so we need free parking.

This has a cruise package for Port Everglades for $156 plus taxes for a total of $175.38 for two people, checking in on August 22, 2015. We get breakfast included, parking while we're gone, and round trip transfers from the hotel to the pier.

Hilton is also offering double points through the end of August. We have stayed at the Hampton Inn Plantation before and that was nice but farther from the port.

Hyatt 17th street charge you $7 per night for leave the car there. Also they offer a shuttle to the port for $7 per person, a taxi will be cheaper with more than 2 people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PR Cruisers

Hyatt 17th street charge you $7 per night for leave the car there. Also they offer a shuttle to the port for $7 per person, a taxi will be cheaper with more than 2 people.

Do you have to stay overnight to use the parking and shuttle? I checked the website- no information other than parking costs $7- per day... Call to make reservation? I would be driving down from Cocoa Beach (3 hours). Any info appreciated- before I call them.

Do you have to stay overnight to use the parking and shuttle? I checked the website- no information other than parking costs $7- per day... Call to make reservation? I would be driving down from Cocoa Beach (3 hours). Any info appreciated- before I call them.

I am not sure if they allow to park there without an overnight room reservation.