Southampton ?'s and recommendations

• 3 months later...
We are going on a cruise from Southampton in September on Princess. After taking the princess transfer from our London (overnight) hotel, once, we decided that it was worth taking a private car from the airport to Southampton and stay overnight there rather than in London. I found a very reasonable small hotel...Hunter's lodge, a few miles from the cruise terminal. The lodge looks lovely and has great reviews. I also booked a private car for two people from the airport to the hotel in Southampton for $110 from smithsforairports.com. Princess charges $59 pp for the long bus ride from Victoria station to the cruise port and if you stay in London, overnight, on your own, you have to get to Victoria station. Yes, we will have to take a taxi to the cruise port but it is only a few miles away...getting picked up at the airport and driven in a little over an hour in a car is so much better. That bus transfer takes forever and stops at some rest stop for 1/2 hour...what a waste of time! Good luck with your plans.

I just asked Smith's for a quote to Beaulieu, a small town near Southampton, from LHR. The price was 120GBP plus 7 GBP for parking. Are you sure your price was in dollars? I'm wondering why the price is so different.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jeno

I booked my private car in April and my quote was 67 pounds plus 7 for parking. I converted it to $$$ and at that time it came to $110 (67 BP). Today I checked the rates and 67 BP is now equal to $105! Hunter's Lodge is only 5 minutes from the cruise terminal. Beaulieu looks pretty far from my destination (http://www.maplandia.com/united-kingdom/england/south-east/hampshire-county/southampton/). I know that Smith's car service is excellent and reasonable...I'm sure you already checked other private car companies. Have a wonderful trip.

I just asked Smith's for a quote to Beaulieu, a small town near Southampton, from LHR. The price was 120GBP plus 7 GBP for parking. Are you sure your price was in dollars? I'm wondering why the price is so different.

Thanks.

This site http://www.heathrow-taxi-booking.co.uk/heathrow-taxi-to-beaulieu.php quotes £85 ($135) for LHR to Beaulieu.