ISA-beach for mobility limitations

OC PAT

I have been reading your responses and they have been most helpful. Having knee replacements and hip problems the spring in our steps are limited. We do not use any equipment to walk but declines are murder, as well as, long walks.

It seems that Cas Abou is the prettiest and most expensive. $40.00 1-way cab and $5.50 admission. Playa Marie has better snorkeling $40. 00 1-way cab and $3.00 admission. Blue Bay and Mambo appear to be the same distance and cost $20. 00 taxi 1-way. but Blue Bay's admission is $10.00 and Mambo is $3.00. Mambo appears to be the least expensive. They all have facilities including chair rentals.

So here's the questions. Do I have my facts correct? I saw that admissions were based, at times, per car so if we are coming by cab do we pay per person or by car? I also saw that one arranges for cab returns and in some cases they did not pay until the return trip. Is this always the case? Given, our physical limitations which beach would your recommend? We are in our 60's, love the beach and snorkeling (we have our own stuff), need a bathroom and shower, need chairs and shade. We watch our expenses but do not mind paying extra for our comfort and a beautiful beach. We are in port from 8:00-5:00 on a Friday in November. Is Friday considered a weekend? Finally, it seems it would be less expensive to rent a car from Avis ($70.00?) than taking a cab to Cas Abou or Playa Mari, correct? Husband has driven in other countries so that is not an issue.

Oh, to add to the mix I saw the offer by Santa Barbara Resort for $110.00 per person that includes transportation which is tempting. It would be at least doubling the costs excluding the cost of food but it is tempting. Is the beach as nice as Cas Abou?

Sorry for so many questions but we really could use your valuable insight. Thank you for your time.

Please fellow cc's if you have something to share please add your comments.

ocpat