rough water

We are going on a Mexican cruise in Oct. from San Diego to Puerta Vallarta. Is the water in this part of the Pacific usually more rough than the Caribbean?? I know nothing is certain but I am looking for the usual scenario.

Marcia

It's different for every week, but for my cruise last week to Cabo, Puerto, and Mazatlan the waters were a little rough. The movement of the ship could be felt at night, but that's also due to the fact that the ship moves at a faster speed at night. I can't compare it to my Caribbean cruise because the only one that I have taken was during a tropical storm so it wouldn't be a fair comparison. :p

As a general rule . . . The MR itinerary is pretty smooth except for the final run back to your home port starting just north of Cabo san Lucas. There is an ocean current that runs south along the CA and northern Baja coast. The ship is steaming north against that current and it can be a little bumpy, especially if there is a moderate-strong wind blowing out of the north too.

Enjoy!

As a general rule . . . The MR itinerary is pretty smooth except for the final run back to your home port starting just north of Cabo san Lucas. There is an ocean current that runs south along the CA and northern Baja coast. The ship is steaming north against that current and it can be a little bumpy, especially if there is a moderate-strong wind blowing out of the north too.

Enjoy!

So true. Some times it's like glass and others it's bumpy. Has no bearing on what the local weather is. Any weather up the coast effects the currents.

Edited by SadieN