park stay and cruise Manhattan

anguslab

Will be cruising out of Manhattan for the first time. Any advice on park,stay, and cruise hotel that might work? Driving in from Pittsburgh and not looking forward to driving into Manhattan.

Thanks

Look at Trinityresevations.com for NY Cruiseport. Expect to pay $157-185 tax included for the hotel and parking plus $70-80 for two people for a Cruiseport shuttle.

Thanks to both. Looking at Hilton Garden Inn, Ridgefield, NJ. The quote a price that includes them arranging transportation round trip.

You need to verify something important with the hotel. Their website says the package includes transportation to the cruise port...it doesn't say it includes return transportation, so what may appear to be an attractive price might not be in reality.

Really good catch Paul. I checked the Hilton Gardens web site and I agree with you - they are only offering one way transportation.

OP - what are your exact dates?

I think it will be hard to beat the Trinityreservations price at the same hotel of $185 tax included including parking. That quote means that the basic room with up to 21 days parking is $160 without tax. $70 each way to the Manhattan Cruise port is a good deal.

Trinity just started offering park/cruises this year for the Manhattan Cruiseport. I have exchanged several emails with them about this new offering because their website was originally not clear that this offer was for Manhattan and not Brooklyn. Trinity is a reputable company and the Bayonne cruisers use their packages all the time at Newark airport. They quote tax included and their prices with parking are consistently less than a similar package offered by the hotel directly.

• 2 weeks later...
Hotel staff tells me it is roundtrip. I will post after cruise to provide update.

Personally I would call back before the cruise and talk to a manager to confirm the round trip rather than rely on the response of a random hotel staffer who answers the phone. There is an "Adam G." who posts responses to reviews on Trip Advisor. Get a name and an email address so you can confirm what you are told.

If the return trip is not included (web site does not specifically mention round trip transportation), you are looking at another $80+ to get back to Ridgefield.

It is very easy to drive to the cruise port.

Seriously it's just the gwb and then south about 3 miles

I live in the northern suburbs and prefer not to drive in NYC either but the cruise port is just way too easy to get to

And as far as hotel transfers....well as far as I'm concerned...just having to wait for them to pick us up at debark an having to find them and they find us....

Um not for me....the cruise port parking might be $40 a day but the convenience and safety is priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

For comparison other options are:

1). Trinityreservations.com - Ramada Plaza at EWR for $157 tax included plus $80 each way car service to Manhattan Cruiseport (don't know if this includes tunnel and turnpike tolls - need to ask Trinity)

2). Embassy Suites Secaucus cruise package includes one way transportation to Manhattan Cruise port with option to book return trip.

Also consider staying in a cheaper hotel a bit out of the NY Metro area in Hightstown/Cranbury, NJ or Parsipanny, NJ, parking at Port Imperial for $16/day, taking the ferry to 39th & 12th for $9/pp each way, and walking or taking a cab or free bus to the port area.

For comparison other options are:

1). Trinityreservations.com - Ramada Plaza at EWR for $157 tax included plus $80 each way car service to Manhattan Cruiseport (don't know if this includes tunnel and turnpike tolls - need to ask Trinity)

2). Embassy Suites Secaucus cruise package includes one way transportation to Manhattan Cruise port with option to book return trip.

Also consider staying in a cheaper hotel a bit out of the NY Metro area in Hightstown/Cranbury, NJ or Parsipanny, NJ, parking at Port Imperial for $16/day, taking the ferry to 39th & 12th for $9/pp each way, and walking or taking a cab or free bus to the port area.

I am looking at this option how far of a walk is it and or how much would a taxi run you?

Used this hotel for park and cruise out of NY harbor. Great room, breakfast. Round trip transportation by private car service included. I am very satisfied. Will certainly use again if cruising from NY.

I am looking at this hotel right now...it says with the cruise pkg it is $324 and includes transportation there but no mention of return transportation. I will call them to confirm but does this pricing sound familiar?

I am looking at this hotel right now...it says with the cruise pkg it is $324 and includes transportation there but no mention of return transportation. I will call them to confirm but does this pricing sound familiar?

This sounds like what is on the Hilton Gardens Ridgefield web site. The question of a return trip came up before and I advised to call the hotel to clarify. Best done during the day during the week - perhaps ask for the manager so you get an accurate answer.

I am looking at this option how far of a walk is it and or how much would a taxi run you?

Best answered by the folks who have done this. My guess is that a cab should be under $10, particularly if you get dropped off across the street from the port entrance instead of joining the drop off line.

This sounds like what is on the Hilton Gardens Ridgefield web site. The question of a return trip came up before and I advised to call the hotel to clarify. Best done during the day during the week - perhaps ask for the manager so you get an accurate answer.

They have confirmed it and on sites confirms that as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Another option is Park Right 212-247-7303, we park there whenever we cruise out of NY. It is $30 a day and just down the street from the pier. You drive there and they drive you back with your car and drop you and your luggage off. On your return it is a $3 cab ride (which they reimburse) or a 7 minute walk which is quicker than the cab ride. My DH usually walks for our car while I wait with the luggage. This is a covered garage, 24 hr security, great service. We used to come the day before and stay at Meadowlands River Inn, Secaucus NJ and catch a cab to the port ($65 per couple) the room was $148 after taxes and fees which is another great option if looking to park, sleep and ride. a great restaurant across the street. 201-867-4400

Edited by foundmyMcGyver
added hotel number

Another option is Park Right 212-247-7303, we park there whenever we cruise out of NY. It is $30 a day and just down the street from the pier. You drive there and they drive you back with your car and drop you and your luggage off. On your return it is a $3 cab ride (which they reimburse) or a 7 minute walk which is quicker than the cab ride. My DH usually walks for our car while I wait with the luggage. This is a covered garage, 24 hr security, great service. We used to come the day before and stay at Meadowlands River Inn, Secaucus NJ and catch a cab to the port ($65 per couple) the room was $148 after taxes and fees which is another great option if looking to park, sleep and ride. a great restaurant across the street. 201-867-4400

You let them drive you back in your car? I would never do that. Jmo

• 3 weeks later...
You let them drive you back in your car? I would never do that. Jmo

I have used Park Right before. We dropped the luggage off at the terminal, dropped the car off at Park Right and walked the 5 mins back to the terminal. Coming back we just walked with our luggage to Park Right.

Very quick and convenient. Will use them again for our cruise in June 2016.