PhotoWalks Tours of Boston

Fiveone5

This was rated high on Trip Advisor. It looked like a great tour but my friends wanted to go with the bus. I did email with the owner and she offered several options for what areas we could tour. Passing this on in case someone else would like to do something a little different in Boston!

This was rated high on Trip Advisor. It looked like a great tour but my friends wanted to go with the bus. I did email with the owner and she offered several options for what areas we could tour. Passing this on in case someone else would like to do something a little different in Boston!

Do you have a link you could post?

Do you have a link you could post?

Agree! Where's it go and what's it do? The Freedom Trail is a walking trail and I can't imagine being stuck on a bus on it. If you're hitting Quincy or Braintree or the like, then it might make sense.

I think this would be the web site - http://www.photowalks.com

The freedom Trail is a suggested walking route between Boston Common and the Constitution/Bunker Hill in Charlestown which organizes all the historic highlights in Old Boston that are scattered among the more modern buildings.

The HOHO buses don't actually drive by many of the sites because of the narrow streets and traffic, so they have strategic stops that allow tourists to hop off and walk to whatever they want to see.

From reading the Photowalk's web site, my impression is that they take the intimacy of the experience to another level by focusing on a particular area like Beacon Hill, Back Bay, North End, Public Garden, etc and giving a shorter more in depth tour with preselected photo opportunities and historic commentary.