Help w/Park & Stay in Miami

AmativeDame

I was wondering if anyone could help me with deciding on a pre-cruise stay in Miami in January? I was able to find a list of various places in the Miami area that offer some kind of park and stay or park and cruise. They all have 3-4 star rated on some other sites so I am having a hard time choosing.

Location isn't a big deal for me, but budget is. A lot of the well-recommended places I found that were mentioned recently are showing around $300-500 a night, and I don't want to spend quite that much. I don't necessarily need anything within walking distance, and depending on how the weather is in January I am not sure we may be up to much sightseeing once we get in Saturday night. Shuttle to or from isn't a big deal, my experience trying to find our shuttle in port canaveral was a nightmare. Having round trip or one way transfer isn't a big deal or selling point.

Does anyone happen to have any experience with any of these? I am going to list the current rates that I have found for park and stay and/or park and cruise in case it might help anyone else.

Element Miami ($180 - AAA Cruise)

Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West ($204)

Holiday Inn Miami-International Airport (P&G $251, Sail Away $269)

Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables ($265)

Embassy Suites Miami - International Airport ($279)

Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Airport South-Blue Lagoon ($289)

The price at the Element is really tempting, same with the Hilton Garden Inn. We live somewhat close to the airport here in Louisville so I am not super concerned about noise. I am pretty sure I have seen the two Hampton Inns mentioned a bit frequently here. Would the locations be worth the cost?

I'm not familiar with the first 4 on your list - hopefully a local will respond.

MIA ES is often suggested and I believe includes a "free" shuttle for two to POM, plus the standard big rooms, breakfast and happy hour :D perks. Hotel is sort of isolated with no shopping/dining options nearby unless you drive.

Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon is very popular with cruisers and is across the street from a local strip mall with fast food, dining and shopping (grocery, drug and liquor :D stores). I've seen some reports that their package includes round trip shuttles to/from POM - saving you a $25-30 cab ride back to your car.

Of these 2 I would choose ES if travelling as a couple and Hampton if travelling as a family.

I'm not familiar with the first 4 on your list - hopefully a local will respond.

MIA ES is often suggested and I believe includes a "free" shuttle for two to POM, plus the standard big rooms, breakfast and happy hour :D perks. Hotel is sort of isolated with no shopping/dining options nearby unless you drive.

Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon is very popular with cruisers and is across the street from a local strip mall with fast food, dining and shopping (grocery, drug and liquor :D stores). I've seen some reports that their package includes round trip shuttles to/from POM - saving you a $25-30 cab ride back to your car.

Of these 2 I would choose ES if travelling as a couple and Hampton if travelling as a family.

Thank you, the input about the ES and the Hampton Blue Lagoon really helps actually! Both of those do offer a one way transfer to port.

The Holiday Inn does offer the round trip shuttle (but since finding the shuttle in port canaveral was a nightmare I don't know that I really want to deal with a shuttle back.)

The only place I'd feel comfortable leaving my car while on a cruise would be at the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove. It's in a great area. Coconut Grove is very beautiful plus I love eating at Montys.

You'll love the area.

I would not leave my car for a week at an airport motel if they paid me.