Cabo San Lucas Nicest Beaches

dongordon

Well, that is disappointing. There will be four of us, and I can't see renting the umbrellas at that price if we are also ordering food and drinks. Any suggestions as to another place to go on Medano Beach? We are not intot he loud music and wet t-shirt contests.

Billigans is now under new management and has plenty of loungers with umbrellas. They play nice mellow music, very family friendly. As long as you are buying food and drink, they are happy to let you lounge.

Oh my. This option of jumping off the boat into the water won't work for us. Is the only other option land taxi and can we still enjoy the arch and other sights this way?

You could still take a water taxi tour out to the arch and have them drop you back at a dock where you could take a land taxi to Medano Beach.

Well, that is disappointing. There will be four of us, and I can't see renting the umbrellas at that price if we are also ordering food and drinks. Any suggestions as to another place to go on Medano Beach? We are not intot he loud music and wet t-shirt contests.

The immediate area around Tabascos is shaded, and they do have shaded lounges, at no additional costs. They used to bring you umbrellas when you were down closer to the water, just sitting in the sand, and if you were buying drinks or food, they would just let it slide. No more, I guess. The covered area at Tabascos is only about 100-150 feet from the water, though.

The great thing about Medano is there are lots of Cantinas on the beach, so just stroll along until you find one you like....and you are not committed, you can have a drink, and move on to another. To be honest, the beach at Tabascos is not as "gentle" as some of the others, but in my experience there will be no wet t-shirt contests, and fewer college "partiers".

Just my $0.02Pesos worth.

• 4 months later...

Hi.

Is there any particular beach area for December where there are decent enough waves for body surfing or using a tube?

My comparison would be Waikiki where you can bob around on the waves for hrs, close to food, drinks, and transportation.

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Great information on this thread. My active family of 4 (2 adults /2 late teens) will visit this spring. Love the water taxi to arches idea and back to the Modano beach.

However, my concern with Modano is will we be mobbed at Spring break time by peddlers at Modano beach? Food safe to eat off the ship relatively speaking? Is there a second choice beach anyone can recommend that isn't as "busy" and I can look up and compare?

Second question is, I've read about $20 hour massages on the marina in Cabo. Anyone know exactly where this is and is this the only place to find these inexpensive massages? Do I need an appointment for 4? Possibly need to do this prior to the water taxi to the arch? Or possibly are there some to be had once we get to Modano beach?

First trip to Mexico, so all is new to us. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Oh my. This option of jumping off the boat into the water won't work for us. Is the only other option land taxi and can we still enjoy the arch and other sights this way?

This was posted a while ago so maybe you have already gone, but, I am surprised no one has mentioned simply walking from the dock drop-off, around the marina, to the beach. My favorite part of Cabo was the marina and I walked around for hours just people watching and checking out the boats and catches of the day, etc. There are plenty of shops and plenty of fun restaurants with happy hours, free wifi, good food, etc.

Everyone has a different definition of "long walk" but, to me, it is an easy walk with plenty to see and stops along the way. I do agree with taking a water taxi out to see the arch but that can be arranged right at the marina.

Great information on this thread. My active family of 4 (2 adults /2 late teens) will visit this spring. Love the water taxi to arches idea and back to the Modano beach.

However, my concern with Modano is will we be mobbed at Spring break time by peddlers at Modano beach? Food safe to eat off the ship relatively speaking? Is there a second choice beach anyone can recommend that isn't as "busy" and I can look up and compare?

Second question is, I've read about $20 hour massages on the marina in Cabo. Anyone know exactly where this is and is this the only place to find these inexpensive massages? Do I need an appointment for 4? Possibly need to do this prior to the water taxi to the arch? Or possibly are there some to be had once we get to Modano beach?

First trip to Mexico, so all is new to us. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

You will be asked to buy things, do activities, etc but a simple "no thanks" will work. As far as I knew, Medano Beach is the only swimmable beach nearby. It has a fun atmosphere, not a spring break one. I heard of "Cerritos" beach I believe, but I think it is just a beach, no restaurants or activities (not sure though - someone will know more)

The massage place that we went to did hour massages for $20 and I know they could do 3 at once. I am not sure about 4. It is a little hard to find - you may have to ask a shop keeper but I believe the nearest place is Soloman's Landing. The massage place is small and way back from the marina so you won't just see it. It is by the Wydham, around Dock M. If you walk from the cruise dock around the marina just look for the letter M on the dock and then ask. A girl is at a booth and then she will take you back to the massage place. It sounds complicated but it's not once you get there. We went twice, no appointments either time and got right in.

You will also find massages on the beach but I don't think any were as low as $20 for an hour.

Enjoy!

This was posted a while ago so maybe you have already gone, but, I am surprised no one has mentioned simply walking from the dock drop-off, around the marina, to the beach. My favorite part of Cabo was the marina and I walked around for hours just people watching and checking out the boats and catches of the day, etc. There are plenty of shops and plenty of fun restaurants with happy hours, free wifi, good food, etc.

Everyone has a different definition of "long walk" but, to me, it is an easy walk with plenty to see and stops along the way. I do agree with taking a water taxi out to see the arch but that can be arranged right at the marina.

Thank you Gloria. This is helpful and welcome news. We want to see the arch, but with a tender and a relatively short time in port don't want to have to rush around or take an overpriced excursion. Sounds like a walk around the marina, a ride out to the arch, a bite to eat/shop/drink and back to the ship will work out well.

Thank you Gloria. This is helpful and welcome news. We want to see the arch, but with a tender and a relatively short time in port don't want to have to rush around or take an overpriced excursion. Sounds like a walk around the marina, a ride out to the arch, a bite to eat/shop/drink and back to the ship will work out well.

Yes. Quite simple to do. If you want to swim in the ocean, you can stay at the beach by the Arch for a while, Lover's Beach. Or, come back to Medano Beach which is right by the marina.

Hope you have a great trip. I loved Cabo!

Thanks for this. So to get to Medano you simply walk along the marina? How far in minutes is it past the marina and is there anything in between the marina and Medano beach?

Thanks for this. So to get to Medano you simply walk along the marina? How far in minutes is it past the marina and is there anything in between the marina and Medano beach?

Depends on how you go. You can walk all the way around the marina and end up on the west end of Medano beach.

You could could also cut up after the mall and walk a bit on the street - up the hill to the east and then down to the right if memory serves me correctly.

It is no more than 5 or 10 minutes max. Just look on Google Maps.

My wife likes Mango Duck on the beach for a drink. To me it is really just OK.

Hi everyone,

We are going to Cabo first week in October and I found the question and the replies very useful.

Many thanks to all who have contributed, we will be taking your advice for one of our days at Cabo.

Are you all on the Miracle on the 3rd?

Depends on how you go. You can walk all the way around the marina and end up on the west end of Medano beach.

You could could also cut up after the mall and walk a bit on the street - up the hill to the east and then down to the right if memory serves me correctly.

It is no more than 5 or 10 minutes max. Just look on Google Maps.

My wife likes Mango Duck on the beach for a drink. To me it is really just OK.

Yes, I would suggest leaving the Marina at the mall parking lot. I believe the road is between Docks C and D? The roads are narrow and I believe marked with signs to the beach (or maybe say "playa"). There are maps at the marina to pick up or you could check google. I would say 5 minutes from the marina.

Also, if you do the water taxi from the marina, you could just be dropped off on the beach on the return.

It really is very easy to get around and people are very friendly to ask.

The massage place behind Solomon's Landing is called Lolo's. It's highly recommended by locals.

Just to clarify, the walk to Medano Beach from the marina, if you cut in on the other side of the Luxury Avenue end of the mall is 5 minutes, the walk from the tender pier to this point is closer to 20-30 minutes depending on how fast you walk.

It's Mango Deck, not Mango Duck, probably auto correct issue.

Currently, there is major construction going on at Cerrito's Beach, so not such a pleasant atmosphere, plus that is where the majority of the party boats take their people snorkeling. Not worth the cost of the taxi at this time.

The immediate area around Tabascos is shaded, and they do have shaded lounges, at no additional costs. They used to bring you umbrellas when you were down closer to the water, just sitting in the sand, and if you were buying drinks or food, they would just let it slide. No more, I guess. The covered area at Tabascos is only about 100-150 feet from the water, though.

The great thing about Medano is there are lots of Cantinas on the beach, so just stroll along until you find one you like....and you are not committed, you can have a drink, and move on to another. To be honest, the beach at Tabascos is not as "gentle" as some of the others, but in my experience there will be no wet t-shirt contests, and fewer college "partiers".

Just my $0.02Pesos worth.

When you say "gentle" do you mean the activities, or the water? I have not a good swimmer, so I like a little less rough waves.

When you say "gentle" do you mean the activities, or the water? I have not a good swimmer, so I like a little less rough waves.

Derbie, I meant the water. The ocean at Medano Beach does have a drop off a few feet from the beach. Personally, I do not swim there, but my kids and grandkids do.

Someone earlier mentioned walking from the cruise pier to Medano....it is quite a walk (20-30 minutes at least at a brisk pace), and in early October the weather can still be quite hot and humid. In my opinion a water taxi, or a land cab to Medano is preferred, especially for those on their first trip to Cabo, as with the water taxi, for just a few dollars more, you will get the tour of the Arch, the beaches, the sea lions, and be afforded the opportunity to feed the fish (which will swim right up into your hand to get the food.) I believe that the water taxi tour of the Arch is one of the best values you can find in Cabo.