Zipline Excursions in either Cabo, PV, Mazatlan, or Manzanillo

carinainacar

Hello people of cruise critic!

I'm taking a Mexican Riviera cruise in December (Christmas Cruise! :) with Princess Cruise Lines) to Cabo, PV, Mazatlan, and Manzanillo. My family and I want to do a zip lining excursion in one of these ports but we can't decide which one to do. All the excursions sound so similar! We're open to doing it in any of the ports as we're probably not going to be doing any other excursions on that cruise.

We've zip lined before in Jamaica and Alaska and loved the natural beauty that surrounded us while we were there. If any of you have any suggestions or preferences please let me know, especially if you've zip lined before in one of these ports, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

We did it out of PV thru Princess tours. It was a turnkey experience, book thru the line, walk 5' from the ship to the first part of the tour and when you finish you are brought right back to the same dock for a 5' walk back to the ship. I believe it is a cruise exclusive in that you can't book independent and get the same transportation pickup. We like our adventures and have done some big lines in Whistler, after the PV and Whistler everything else we've seen looks small and boring :D Vallarta tours is first class, the guides were great, safety was paramount and the did a good job.

Boat ride ~ 30-40', Truck ride ~ 20-20', Mule ride ~ 20-30', then the fun zip/repelling/slides then back for snacks / picture pitch etc. and truck/boat in reverse. Good enough that would be my choice tour again out of PV.

A few pictures below:

p1082507615-4.jpg

p1081906973-4.jpg

p1081907012-4.jpg

p1081907019-4.jpg

p1081907047-4.jpg

We used Los Veranos. Booked online for 67 per person.

AWESOME. The guides are handsome, flirty, fun and safety their numero uno priority.

The river after was a great relief to the heat and humidity, ( which you will miss in December, aw shucks, huh?)

The restaurant had really good food and drinks.

The owner has lived in San Diego, and i spent some time talking while my family did the course ( too old, too fat, bad back ).

You take a short taxi ride from terminal to a pick up point.

An open air truck picks you up and you are taken to the main office.

From there a trip into the jungle.

There are the cutest monkeys ever in a smal area.

The river is refreshing for swimming and sliding into from convenient places in the restaurant.

My wife asked me to give a generous tip because the guides were sooo helpful.

Google Los Veranos. It is the choice I made after researching the others.

Have fun.

We used Los Veranos. Booked online for 67 per person.

AWESOME. The guides are handsome, flirty, fun and safety their numero uno priority.

The river after was a great relief to the heat and humidity, ( which you will miss in December, aw shucks, huh?)

The restaurant had really good food and drinks.

The owner has lived in San Diego, and i spent some time talking while my family did the course ( too old, too fat, bad back ).

You take a short taxi ride from terminal to a pick up point.

An open air truck picks you up and you are taken to the main office.

From there a trip into the jungle.

There are the cutest monkeys ever in a smal area.

The river is refreshing for swimming and sliding into from convenient places in the restaurant.

My wife asked me to give a generous tip because the guides were sooo helpful.

Google Los Veranos. It is the choice I made after researching the others.

Have fun.

I was actually researching more on that company and excursion (what a great price). Do they allow you to bring your own camera to take pictures? Also, how long is the actual zip lining tour, excluding eating and transportation? Thanks for your input!

I would definitely recommend the zip lining in PV. The Cabo course is over a desert environment, not very scenic. The PV course is over the rain forest.

You might consider ATV"s in Cabo, they go over a dry lake bed, flat and easy ride.

I would recommend Los Veranos as well. I've been twice and have sent other people as well. Best Zip Line experience you will ever have. The have 13 zip line stations instead of one long zip line.

Yes you can bring your own camera and take your own pictures. I want to say the whole zip line from gearing up until I had a cocktail in my hand was an hour.

Loved the zip lining at Los Veranos in Puerto Vallarta. The lines were fun and the staff was amazing. Try it upside down. Would do it again in a heart beat.

Wow you can do it upside down? I'm definitely going to try that... if I can build up the courage to. I've zip lined before, yet every time I get near the drop my fear of heights always gets to me a little. :rolleyes:

How strenuous is this tour? We are in our mid 50's, not overly active and fiancé has had heart issues in the past but currently doing well. Any insight would be appreciated.

I would not call this activity strenuous however there is a considerable amount of walking uphill. There is also a weight maximum of 250lbs to take into consideration. They do have a scale. :p

The actual zip line part is not strenuous at all.

Lots of videos on You Tube that you may wish to look at before making a decision.

How strenuous is this tour? We are in our mid 50's, not overly active and fiancé has had heart issues in the past but currently doing well. Any insight would be appreciated.

If you're interested in zip lining tours, I'm sure there are others that you guys can look into (that aren't as active or strenuous). I've been on a zip lining tour where there was a group of women (all in there mid 60's) who zip lined with everyone else and had a great time! The only concern is your fiance's heart condition, but I would seek a professional opinion. :)