Shell jewelry

Janespup

I have never been to Key West but feel that it is probably a great place to find shell jewelry. Will be there in late October as quick cruise port. I am looking for a necklace with a single sand dollar on it, or something similar. Does anyone know if there is a store where I might find something like this?

I have never been to Key West but feel that it is probably a great place to find shell jewelry. Will be there in late October as quick cruise port. I am looking for a necklace with a single sand dollar on it, or something similar. Does anyone know if there is a store where I might find something like this?

Check out Fanta Sea at 620 Duval St. It's one of my wife's favorite stores. It's a little pricey, but their nautical themed jewelry is very good quality.

I just did a quick search and came up with Whitfield Jack. Can you find 200 Elizabeth Street?

sanddolph.jpg

If not it looks like you can shop / buy on-line ---> http://www.jewelrygenius.com/aaNEWHTMLS/SAND.DOLP/sanddolph.html

Pjk

• 2 months later...
Jane: I will be looking for shell jewelry too. But, i love finding sea shells. Does anyone know if and where i may be able to find seashells on the beach? thanks,

Key West is really not a good destination for shelling. We get a few small shells sometimes, but due to limited wave action, not many wash up. You might find a few at Fort Zachary or Higgs Beach, but they will be small and basic. Fort Zachary can be very rocky, so you might want to use water shoes if you want to really walk the beach or swim there.