Athens tour company

djandbj

Did you see the Acropolis museum as well?

What was the cost of your half day tour?

I Plan to take a private Athens shore excursion in October.

Your advice is very much appreciated.

We used PK Travel Tours, half day private tour. Used the referrals from this board. If you do a search you can see all the remarks. Go to the PKTravelGreece website, there is a complete listing. They will offer you a quote.

• 2 weeks later...

Many on this forum suggest to book a tour with just a driver. As far as I understand these drivers have good historical background and quite knowledgeable. That’s OK. When I was booking my first cruise (it was Baltic) and was choosing a tour company for St. Petersburg/Russia I wanted to have a guide-driver. All the companies I was in correspondence with refused to provide such service. All had the same explanation – it’s not safe to drive and guide at the same time…. Any thought….????? Will it be safe in Greece? Thank you!

Jess :)

Many on this forum suggest to book a tour with just a driver. As far as I understand these drivers have good historical background and quite knowledgeable. That’s OK. When I was booking my first cruise (it was Baltic) and was choosing a tour company for St. Petersburg/Russia I wanted to have a guide-driver. All the companies I was in correspondence with refused to provide such service. All had the same explanation – it’s not safe to drive and guide at the same time…. Any thought….????? Will it be safe in Greece? Thank you!

Jess :)

St Petersburg is totally different than Athens. I've been to both. The most important thing is that in SPB the tour company has a special visa for you that requires them to accompany you with a licensed guide. If you don't have the guide, and you are a U.S. Citizen then you can't travel in Russia without applying for an individual tourist visa. No tourist visa is needed for American citizens in Greece

It is very safe in Greece. Tourism is really the only thing they have now that provides jobs. The Greek government does all to protect that. The Greek people on the most part appreciate the tourists and are very friendly

We just returned from a fantastic tour in Athens with vassilios who owns Athens tours. This was a private taxi tour in a well kept Mercedes. Vassilios was very knowledgeable about all the stops and had streaming video in the taxi to show us snippets of each stop before we got there. We did not feel the need for an added guide. He provided a guidebook, reviewed things we should see before we arrived at the site and had a wealth of knowledge about Greece and Athens. He also got us to the Acropolis early so that we were at the top with only about 20 other people. Much better than the group tours that were crowding their way up when we were leaving. What I loved about vassilios compared to other tour companies is that it was like seeing Athens with a trusted family member. He took us to out of the way places, a great small restaurant for lunch and provided wonderful insights about living in Greece. His prices were very reasonable and less then the other private tour companies frequently recommended here. Please note that there are many tour companies with similar names. His is Vassilios at athenstours.gr

We just got back from a 14 day cruise and used Fotis Kolliris - Private Taxi Tours in Athens. We have been using Fotis for the past 17 years and he always surprises us with something new and exciting to do. He is always at the port waiting for us with a big smile on his face. He knows everything there is to know about the city, sites and outlying areas. We could not imagine a day in Athens without him.

• 2 years later...

Our family of 5 used Private Greece ours before starting our cruise last summer. I can’t say enough about this company! To start with, correspondence with Nikos was quick and effortless. He answered all of our questions, giving us all the information we needed. His answers were very detailed so there were no unpleasant surprises!

We toured Athens – we were picked up from the airport after a long flight and then we were dropped off at our hotel so we combined a pick-up and a tour.

The driver met us at the airport with a smile, helped us with our luggage and then we were off to visit the city.He kept the children engaged and they had so much fun!! He was a wealth of information, sharing stories about Greece’s past and present, emphasizing mythology and history. The driver can’t enter the archaeological sites, but we did not feel that we needed to have someone in the sites with us.

We were so happy with Private Greece Tours that we booked a second tour, the next day, to visit Delphi which the whole family hugely enjoyed.

All in all, a great company which we would definitely recommend!

• 1 year later...

We just returned from our port stop (May 24th) in Athens and followed many recommendations to use PK Travel....We were not disappointed...A wonderful full day tour with an amazing driver & guide !! Check out their website and contact them .. I'm sure they'll have a tour (private or small group shared) that will work out for your specifics needs...Best of luck and enjoy Athens.

Edited by Ashland