RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

If on a cruise ship, was there ever a concern of not making it back to the ship on time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I usually book private tours in Europe and they have always gotten us back to the ship in plenty of time usually 2 hours before the ship is scheduled to sail.

We just returned from a Silhouette cruise and used Rome In Limo for two tours and a transfer to our hotel.

I have used RIL three times so far for tours from Livorno. They have been fabulous. Our driver took us right to the door of the Accademia and was even able to change the time of our reservation so we could be inside during the rain. It was amazing. Speaking of rain, it stated to rain while we were shopping on the Ponte Vecchio. Our driver searched for all of us while we were shopping to give us umbrellas. This went above and beyond. We've never had that much personal service with other companies. RIL just made getting to Florence and Pisa just so easy especially trying to do a lot in a little time.

We also did the Alternate Tuscany tour from the port of Rome. mike was great and we saw a number of smaller villages where there weren't as many tourists. It was great but there was a lot of driving to get there.

You can't go wrong choosing RIL.

I have used Rome in Limo on my last cruise and was amazing. I have booked another cruise for May 24, 2016 and will be using Rome in Limo again. I am taking my nephews this time for their first cruise.

Our driver/guide was amazing. He brought us Champagne and we stopped along the Amalfi coast with the Med. Sea in the background drinking Champagne. I have booked another cruise and have booked 2 tours again with Rome in Limo.

I have to add my praise for RomeinLimo. We just returned from a Med cruise and, based on recommendations here, we booked three tours with RomeinLimo. Our guide for Amalfi and for Sorrento too (Mt. Vesuvius, Herculaneum, Pompeii) was Allessandro and he was amazing. So much fun to be with, so informative, so accommodating. Our guide in Livorno (to San Gimignano and Volterra) was Elizabeth....delightful and gave us the. best. recommendation. for lunch in San Gimignano....pizza and Bolognese to die for! She also added a little side tour to see where Andrea Bocelli gives his annual outdoor concert and a little drive by his family's estate. Jany, in the office, was so easy to deal with and so prompt in returning emails and answering questions. You really can't go wrong with this company.

We just returned from our Med cruise this past September and had used Rome in Limo for 2 tours. for Rome we had Nick has our guide, he was amazing, and made it so much fun for all of us , was just a great experience.

Our guide in Florence , we had Elisabeta, she was so knowledgeable and lively and went out of her way to make our day memorable.

I would highly recommend Rome in Limo, both tours were on time, professional and vans were very comfortable for our groups of 8. :)

Am I understanding this correctly? In order to find Rome in Limo driver when getting off a Royal Caribbean ship at the Port of La Spezia, I must first board a free shuttle bus to get outside of the port entrance. Then I will find my Rome in Limo driver where I get off the shuttle bus?

Edited by SailingDeanna

Am I understanding this correctly? In order to find Rome in Limo driver when getting off a Royal Caribbean ship at the Port of La Spezia, I must first board a free shuttle bus to get outside of the port entrance. Then I will find my Rome in Limo driver where I get off the shuttle bus?

Double check with Jany, but the R-I-L vehicle should come to the side of the ship.

I am also reading that you are kind of on your own in Florence. Do I need to buy a city map before I go? Or does RIL provide one?

Also, do they supply bottled water in the vans?

There will be water in the vans.

You will be dropped at certain locations and be given directions as to where and when you will be picked up. We didn't have a need for a map, but I guess if you brought one, it wouldn't hurt.

On the other hand, again, double check with Jany. They may have one.

The RIL driver is where tours originate. They will tell you. It's only DIY after your group tells Janey what u want to do. So, I wanted the Ufizi, but group wanted David, and driver said no time to do both. We wanted to see Tuscany, and driver accommodated based on time. He even suggested an olive factory and called ahead.

We just returned from the Allure and used Rome in Limo in Florence, Rome and Naples. In La Spezia, we did have to take the bus outside of the port area. But that particular day the port was letting taxis in as well...since Jany had said to take the bus out, our driver was waiting there instead of at the port since that's what we were told.

Most times they have water, but not all. We always brought a bottle with us. Like others said, the drivers drop you off and tell you where you can go and where to meet. It's very easy and such a great way to tour the cities!

Just returned from 12 night Med Cruise. I had arranged a shared tour for 8 with RIL for three ports. Unfortunately, I was sick and did not go on the Florence/Pisa tour (luckily found someone to take our place) so I can't comment on that except to say everyone said it was a great day! The next day was Rome. We booked the overall city highlights tour. Our driver was excellent and extremely knowledgable and was filled with so many bits of history. We did have a private guide for the Vatican and she also was excellent. we truly got to see all the highlights. He filled us in on many facts before we explored the colleseum on our own. After speaking with some of our shipmates who hadn't booked private tours

It became obvious that we did the right thing in booking with RIL! We next did Pompeii, Sorrento, and Positano. Again, driver was prompt and very efficient. He didn't give us as much background as our previous driver ... I think he was fairly new, but the places we stopped were absolutely breathtaking. When I later asked my husband what was his favorite part of the entire trip, he said eating lunch high above Positano and just looking out at the town and Mediterraen. Our last stop that day was Pompeii. Our guide was Bina and she was phenomenal! She was extremely animated and really gave us a great vision of what life there was all about.

Sorry this is so long - The bottom line is I would highly recommend using RIL!

:)I have used RIL for quite a few years and they have always delivered "above and beyond" what was expected. The drivers offer a wealth of knowledge and we feel like we are leaving an old friend by the time the day in over.

We will be returning to Italy in June (for the 9th time) and are booking all tours and transfers with RIL again. We have arranged many custom tours with them for groups of us (sometimes 5 or 6 mini-vans). It was always smooth and a wonderful time even with many people to please in the same group! I also highly recommend them!

I hope everyone enjoys their time in Italy, I am confident we will when using RIL. :)

Does anyone know how much it is for the vatican guide for 3 hrs is?

I'm trying to figure out how much to tip the guide if any since will be paying the driver in full the day before for the Rome 2 Days package.

I want to say it was either 150 or 180 Euro. Split with the group we shared it was VERY reasonable.

It will be just the 2 of us.

Does anyone think that it's kinda odd/rude to just hand some money to the guide at the end of the tour?

It could be considered almost rude where I'm from.

Can't comment on where you are from, but it would be "considered almost rude" to do otherwise where I come from! I assure you the RIL drivers will appreciate any "extra" you wish to give them at the end of the tour.

Just returned from 10 on celebrity reflection. Used. Romeinlimo for transportation to and from airport. There were 6 of us. Cost was 190 euro each way. In addition we had day drip from Naples along the amalfi coast, stopping at almandine and posits to. Cost for 6 in private van was 500 euro. Driver enrich was fabulous. Next fall going back and will use them again as much as I can

In La Spezia, take the free shuttle out of the port. Your driver will be waiting there. Clara was our driver and did an excellent job for us. She had water in the van and dropped us at the doorstep of every attraction we went to.

Rome in Limo is fantastic and I wouldn't hesitate to book again with them when we return to Italy!!

The Stevens Cruise Group used RIL for transport from the airport to hotel, hotel to ship, tour of Vatican, walking tour of Rome and the Coliseum, tour of Amalfi coast, and ship to airport tranfers this past two weeks.

Thanks to Valentina, Sarah, Maurizio, Fabio, Massimo, Salvatore, Stefano, Daniele, Giovanni, Maurizio, Nick, Vlad, Emiliano, and of course Jany for making our cruise vacation perfect.

All transfers and tours were handled in a professional and caring matter and I highly recommend this company.

Does anyone know how much it is for the vatican guide for 3 hrs is?

I'm trying to figure out how much to tip the guide if any since will be paying the driver in full the day before for the Rome 2 Days package.

We paid 180€ on October 10th, plus gratuity.

We booked with Janey a transfer from FCO to Civitavecchia and had Mike as our driver. Very professional group, prompt response to emails and reasonable rates. For 5 of us with luggage was 185 euros.

Would not hesitate to book and use again. This was our 3rd time to use, consistent quality and great people.