Everything Labadee Cabanas, including LOTS of pictures!

BugsyCruiser

I have a silly question for those that are seeing really high prices. Are these the price that is listed or the price they charge you when you tried to book it?

I made the mistake of booking our cabana for the group of us, entering everyone's names and they wanted $255 per person, so our charge was HUGE. I then went back and booked just one person and the charge was $255.

Could an honest mistake like this be the reason? (Not to say y'all aren't right, but it seems like the prices are WAY out of line otherwise!!!)

I have a silly question for those that are seeing really high prices. Are these the price that is listed or the price they charge you when you tried to book it?

I made the mistake of booking our cabana for the group of us, entering everyone's names and they wanted $255 per person, so our charge was HUGE. I then went back and booked just one person and the charge was $255.

Could an honest mistake like this be the reason? (Not to say y'all aren't right, but it seems like the prices are WAY out of line otherwise!!!)

There has always been a glitch that if you enter everyone's names it will show up as a charge of nearly 1500 dollars. Just booking it for yourself meant you got it at 255

The price is that per cabana. One person books it and don't add the names since you can bring 5 people with you.

The new prices going to effect next year are indeed the 350 for beach and over the water at 495. The beach ones went up nearly 50 percent, over the water doubled in price.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

There has always been a glitch that if you enter everyone's names it will show up as a charge of nearly 1500 dollars. Just booking it for yourself meant you got it at 255

The price is that per cabana. One person books it and don't add the names since you can bring 5 people with you.

The new prices going to effect next year are indeed the 350 for beach and over the water at 495. The beach ones went up nearly 50 percent, over the water doubled in price.

In that case, shame on them! That is just awful!!

I am sure they will find people to book at that price, but if everyone said "NO", the price would come down.

I've noticed an increase in the "nickel and diming". Enough with the "everything is extra". It is almost enough to send me to an AI!!!!

I have reserved an over water cabana at Nellie's Beach for my November cruise. Does anyone have recent experience on how to request or get a specific cabana number? For example if we prefer number 5 then do we go to the excursion desk on the ship to request this? Or are they assigned first-come, first-served on Labadee?

Thank you.

I have reserved an over water cabana at Nellie's Beach for my November cruise. Does anyone have recent experience on how to request or get a specific cabana number? For example if we prefer number 5 then do we go to the excursion desk on the ship to request this? Or are they assigned first-come, first-served on Labadee?

Thank you.

If you are Diamond or above or in a suite you could see if the concierge could reserve one for you. On the Oasis in May the Suites Concierge reserved two OTW cabanas for us next to each other with handicapped access as we had several people in our group who could not access the water with the ladders on some of the cabanas. We had a shared ramp between our two cabanas that took us right down to the beach instead of directly into the water. For us that was perfect.

If you are Diamond or above or in a suite you could see if the concierge could reserve one for you. On the Oasis in May the Suites Concierge reserved two OTW cabanas for us next to each other with handicapped access as we had several people in our group who could not access the water with the ladders on some of the cabanas. We had a shared ramp between our two cabanas that took us right down to the beach instead of directly into the water. For us that was perfect.

I'm curious about this. We will be sailing on Harmony in Dec. 2016, but will not be in a suite. Of the 4 people in our party, 3 are Diamond and 1 is D+. I would love to do OTW, and realize that we won't be able to reserve Barefoot. But with my 79-year old mom and 8 year old son, I don't think the ladder would work (especially for Grandma!)

So if I'm reading what you wrote correctly, you reserved an OTW cabana on Nellies, and then asked the concierge for a specific number? Or one with handicapped access?

I'm curious about this. We will be sailing on Harmony in Dec. 2016, but will not be in a suite. Of the 4 people in our party, 3 are Diamond and 1 is D+. I would love to do OTW, and realize that we won't be able to reserve Barefoot. But with my 79-year old mom and 8 year old son, I don't think the ladder would work (especially for Grandma!)

So if I'm reading what you wrote correctly, you reserved an OTW cabana on Nellies, and then asked the concierge for a specific number? Or one with handicapped access?

Yes. There were 8 of us, 4 couples. One couple in each of our two cabanas was in a suite and they went to the Concierge with our needs. When we checked in for the cabana we had two cabanas next to each other at Nellie's with the ramps to the beach. They tried for BB, but there were not two OTW cabanas available together with handicap access at BB. We did have the upgraded buffet.

Yes. There were 8 of us, 4 couples. One couple in each of our two cabanas was in a suite and they went to the Concierge with our needs. When we checked in for the cabana we had two cabanas next to each other at Nellie's with the ramps to the beach. They tried for BB, but there were not two OTW cabanas available together with handicap access at BB. We did have the upgraded buffet.

Thanks for the info. I will try to reserve online if it comes up for our sailing, and then will contact the concierge via email or when we get onboard.

Thanks for the info. I will try to reserve online if it comes up for our sailing, and then will contact the concierge via email or when we get onboard.

For your sailing on Harmony of the Seas, the Nellies Beach OTW Cabanas are available to book on line. They are currently (as of yesterday) $495.

Edit - Just checked and they are $495. The Beach Cabana at Nellie's are now $395.

Good luck.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

For your sailing on Harmony of the Seas, the Nellies Beach OTW Cabanas are available to book on line. They are currently (as of yesterday) $495.

Edit - Just checked and they are $495. The Beach Cabana at Nellie's are now $395.

Good luck.

Yep so they've already raised the prices AGAIN on the beach ones. No one should book them at these prices, they're not worth that kind of an increase

Good luck.

I see them online, and saw them last week as well. But the website doesn't seem to allow me to actually book. Are you seeing something different?

As for pricing, I know that cabanas at Aulani are $325, and I think they were $550 when we did our Fantasy cruise. Seems like the market will bear this type of pricing.

Yep so they've already raised the prices AGAIN on the beach ones. No one should book them at these prices, they're not worth that kind of an increase

I agree Chris. I love having a cabana for our stop in Labadee but will NOT pay these prices and as long as someone IS willing to do that; RCI will continue to raise the prices time and again. The beach in Labadee is gorgeous and there are plenty of shady spot, chairs etc. for everyone. Before we know it, these cabanas will be in the $1000s and beyond the regular cruiser's budget. I would bet they will continue to raise prices and eventually start putting restrictions about how many people can be in them; less than the 6 you can have now. To me RCI is totally killing the experience of having one for all of us. Just my humble opinion....:rolleyes:

I see them online, and saw them last week as well. But the website doesn't seem to allow me to actually book. Are you seeing something different?

As for pricing, I know that cabanas at Aulani are $325, and I think they were $550 when we did our Fantasy cruise. Seems like the market will bear this type of pricing.

You are right, it currently does not allow you to move to Check-out.

I have a Anthem cruise booked for next May and the cabanas haven't showed up online for booking yet. I check every day. Not too happy with the price increase, they are going to eventually out-price themselves if they don't start including better perks with Nellie's cabanas.

For my Independence cruise in December, the Over-the-Water cabanas at Nellie's showed up online to book exactly 3 months prior to sailing for $350 (now currently going for $395). The Beach Cabanas at Nellie's showed up to book online a week later for $250.

For my Independence cruise in December, the Over-the-Water cabanas at Nellie's showed up online to book exactly 3 months prior to sailing for $350 (now currently going for $395). The Beach Cabanas at Nellie's showed up to book online a week later for $250.

I checked for my Navigator cruise next April and it shows beach at 395 and over the water at 495. All I know is as much as I enjoyed having cabanas at Labadee I'm not paying 50 percent to double for one.

Thanks everyone for all the information on this thread.

I have had cabana's @ Labadee and Coco Cay in the past. Paid $200 to $250 and shared with others (family or friends) worked. Doubling the price, not even "raising them slightly" is out of the question.

I will call Crown and Anchor to see what they have to say. I would hope for an extra $245 we would get 2 bottles of champagne, lots of waters, cold lobster salad and chocolate cheesecake for dessert.

Since I know that would never happen....I will tell them how disappointed I am

in the ridiculous price increase and ask them where it came from.

We shall see if anything changes in the future. :mad:

Thanks everyone for all the information on this thread.

I have had cabana's @ Labadee and Coco Cay in the past. Paid $200 to $250 and shared with others (family or friends) worked. Doubling the price, not even "raising them slightly" is out of the question.

I will call Crown and Anchor to see what they have to say. I would hope for an extra $245 we would get 2 bottles of champagne, lots of waters, cold lobster salad and chocolate cheesecake for dessert.

Since I know that would never happen....I will tell them how disappointed I am

in the ridiculous price increase and ask them where it came from.

We shall see if anything changes in the future. :mad:

This is great news. I wish more people would complain to RCI about this price hike. If enough people complain and STOP buying the cabanas maybe they will listen to us. Alas, I doubt people will stop buying them and RCI will keep raising the prices. Eventually they will be so over priced majority of us will never ever be able to rent them again. Such a sad situation...greediness. :rolleyes:

I want to thank you VERY much for this thread. I read every post. Thank you!

I appreciate all the time you took to post the pictures and write about them.

I also know you have a boycott going but I did, in fact, book an over the water Nellies Beach cabana today. I wasn't aware I could book it since online it says "Onboard Only" (which I have seen quite a long time, probably before the price hike!! gggrr) but read on these boards others were doing it so I tried.

I actually called RCCL and booked it since there are 6 of us and wanted to make sure we could all be in the cabana even though I was the only one booking it under my name. The date I booked

is December 30, 2015. So, perhaps with the price, they aren't going as quickly as they once were. I just spent almost $600 for cabana at Disney CC last month but it was much nicer

than the ones shown here and had a stocked fridge, water toys, AC and a cabana attendant.

Does the cabana come with towels for 6 people or do we need to bring off from the ship? Does any water/food come with the cabana? Mats (is it two?).

My mom is taking my family and my sister's family on this cruise so this is our present to her :) It will be a surprise.

Edited by js

I want to thank you VERY much for this thread. I read every post. Thank you!

I appreciate all the time you took to post the pictures and write about them.

I also know you have a boycott going but I did, in fact, book an over the water Nellies Beach cabana today. I wasn't aware I could book it since online it says "Onboard Only" (which I have seen quite a long time, probably before the price hike!! gggrr) but read on these boards others were doing it so I tried.

I actually called RCCL and booked it since there are 6 of us and wanted to make sure we could all be in the cabana even though I was the only one booking it under my name. The date I booked

is December 30, 2015. So, perhaps with the price, they aren't going as quickly as they once were. I just spent almost $600 for cabana at Disney CC last month but it was much nicer

than the ones shown here and had a stocked fridge, water toys, AC and a cabana attendant.

Does the cabana come with towels for 6 people or do we need to bring off from the ship? Does any water/food come with the cabana? Mats (is it two?).

My mom is taking my family and my sister's family on this cruise so this is our present to her :) It will be a surprise.

You will get one towel per person and 2 mats to share. RCI deleted the upgraded buffet, snorkel equipment and ice plus water cooler. The buffets are a pretty long walk from Nellie's, so be prepared to walk a long distance. FYI, anyone can use Nellie's beach and buy the mats for use. I know that I will be enjoying my day at Nellie's beach in May but not renting the cabana since RCI increased the prices so drastically.

You will get one towel per person and 2 mats to share. RCI deleted the upgraded buffet, snorkel equipment and ice plus water cooler. The buffets are a pretty long walk from Nellie's, so be prepared to walk a long distance. FYI, anyone can use Nellie's beach and buy the mats for use. I know that I will be enjoying my day at Nellie's beach in May but not renting the cabana since RCI increased the prices so drastically.

Thank you so much! So there will be towels for six and two mats. The walk won't bother us but it will be a bother for my mom. Do they have shuttles that will bring from Nellies to buffet?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Thank you so much! So there will be towels for six and two mats. The walk won't bother us but it will be a bother for my mom. Do they have shuttles that will bring from Nellies to buffet?

There are shuttles that run up/down the area. Will just have to catch one as it goes by I believe.

When you first go past the entrance onto the island look for a cart on the right side, tell him where you are going and give him your cabana ticket. Ours stopped at Barefoot beach to check us in and then took us down to our cabana at Nellie's beach. I did tip him $5.00 :D

We were just on Nellie's beach beginning of September, we had an over the water cabana and if you wanted to go somewhere just tell your cabana attendant and they will call the cart to come pick you up.

Our driver took us all the way down to the furthest food court since it wouldn't be too crowded and waited for us to make our plates then took us back. ( I brought him cookies and tipped him $5.00 for 3 of us)

and again when you are ready to go back to the ship ask your attendant to call the cart for you.

It was well worth the tips!!