Moulin Rouge

cruisinpoler

Hi. My family and I will be in Paris for 2 nights post-cruise. My husband and I are 40-something, and our 18 and 19 year old sons will be with us. I understand that the shows are topless and a bit racy, but just how racy are they? How many of you who have actually been to a show would take your men-children? I would love to experience a show there, but am a little tiny bit hesitant about taking them. Am I being a prude? I am thinking we would skip the dinner. Thanks!

Hi. My family and I will be in Paris for 2 nights post-cruise. My husband and I are 40-something, and our 18 and 19 year old sons will be with us. I understand that the shows are topless and a bit racy, but just how racy are they? How many of you who have actually been to a show would take your men-children? I would love to experience a show there, but am a little tiny bit hesitant about taking them. Am I being a prude? I am thinking we would skip the dinner. Thanks!

My husband and I (mid 60s....boo) had a wonderful evening at the Moulin Rouge 2 years ago. We were taken there by a young 20 year old male French friend as a 'thank you' for hosting him during his studies in the UK. We did not find the show in any way 'racy' or 'vulgar'. Only a small percentage of the performers were topless and they moved in a very discreet way, so there were no embarrassing moments.

It was a fabulous experience although, dare I say it....shhhhhhh,the style of the show was a bit dated....

We didn't have the meal but enjoyed a glass of champagne during the show.

You or your sons will not have a problem. With all the crap that is out there now this is very tame..well done..back in the day it was risque,but that was way back in the day. Have you seen spring break in FL?? I rest my case. Enjoy.

I went a few years ago and had a table near the stage. I was quite shocked at how tacky the costumes were. I don't consider topless dancers at all racy. I can't say I was impressed and certainly wouldn't go again, but I suppose it is something 'iconic' of Paris.

• 4 months later...

I know this an older post, but someone might still be interested. It falls under the "been there done that" category. They pack you in like they are putting 10 pounds of potatoes in a 5 pound bag. Free bottle of champagne for your table, and the show is long and boring.

I enjoyed the evening just to say I have been, but wouldn't do it again. Rough area of Paris so be careful after show. As far as racy, you will probably see worse on your way to the show. Just my humble, but accurate opinion.