FLL Hotel Price Guaging

Corvette

My recommendation was a general suggestion to examine areas further out. We saw some very nice properties north on I95. But, you are correct, due diligence is important.

Personally, I never book a property until after I've looked at reviews on TripAdvisor, looked at the property and surrounding area on google maps and even taken a look from street view. I also use google maps to see if there are any restaurants in the close in area.

I would also suggest using http://www.Oyster.com because they take hundreds of photos of all the hotels they use.

We've been cruising out of Ft Lauderdale every spring break in March for the last 8 years and have stayed at various FLL hotels pre and post cruise.

I have never seen hotel prices as high as I've seen for this coming March. What's going on this year?? It seems as if the hotels got together and co-ordinated outrageous prices. Just sayin'!

We've been cruising out of Ft Lauderdale every spring break in March for the last 8 years and have stayed at various FLL hotels pre and post cruise.

I have never seen hotel prices as high as I've seen for this coming March. What's going on this year?? It seems as if the hotels got together and co-ordinated outrageous prices. Just sayin'!

The economy has recovered from the dark days post-2008. Tourism set records in the 2015 high season and is expected to again in the 2016 high season. I don't think it is collusion; rather it is simple supply and demand. They charge what the market will bear. Wait until you get here and see all the current and planned construction. We returned after being up north for 5 months this summer and I couldn't get over the number of large cranes and new building sites that appeared in just that short period of time.

We'll be staying 3 nights in Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise, the first week of January. We rented a car and booked a room at an older hotel in the Galt area that gets great reviews on trip advisor, hotels.com and Booking.com, for a pretty decent price.

As someone else mentioned, I also go by the reviews of others. I throw out the best and worst reviews and go from there. Good luck in your search.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

We too have noticed that hotels are quite a bit higher in Fort Lauderdale next March. We stayed at a Hampton Inn last year for $125. The same Hampton Inn is $235 next March. Still staying at Hampton Inn, just a little farther out for $209.