ALLA TOURS - DoS Attack

dogs4fun

:( I just received an email from Alla Tours advising me that their website has been unavailable due to a DoS (denial of service) attack by some very vicious individuals. The website is again working properly and I was informed that they are conducting business as usual and that no bookings have been (or ever will be) impacted by this or any other attack. If you have any questions, you should contact Alla Tours directly at: info@alla-tour.com

I have toured with Alla several times and her tours are simply wonderful. Honestly, I don't understand these vicious hackers resort to such ruthless, underhanded attempts to hurt her business. It just seems so petty and contrary to the rules of fair play. :mad:

I'd say that her website might have been "collateral damage" meaning that the web host that she is using might have had another site which might have been the target.

So when that host is DoS attacked all websites on that host will be affected.

Most attacks like this are usually politically motivated and as I wrote above, I don't think her site was the primary target.

I received a similar email from SPB Tours back in April that said they suspected it was an attack by a competitor.

I suspect that it could be the same situation here. I notice that the Alla website is down again. I was not aware that SPB also experienced the same issue in April. What a shame.

:( I just received an email from Alla Tours advising me that their website has been unavailable due to a DoS (denial of service) attack by some very vicious individuals. The website is again working properly and I was informed that they are conducting business as usual and that no bookings have been (or ever will be) impacted by this or any other attack. If you have any questions, you should contact Alla Tours directly at: info@alla-tour.com

I have toured with Alla several times and her tours are simply wonderful. Honestly, I don't understand these vicious hackers resort to such ruthless, underhanded attempts to hurt her business. It just seems so petty and contrary to the rules of fair play. :mad:

I totally agree!! Alla Tours are THE BEST! Having just heard from one of their reps., Polina, about these vicious attacks, I want to add that they are currently available for booking, & are just the most wonderful organization. We are still in touch, even six months after our fabulous St. Petersburg, Copenhagen, Berlin, Helsinki, & Tallinn tours ended.

Clever Chloe

I totally agree!! Alla Tours are THE BEST! Having just heard from one of their reps., Polina, about these vicious attacks, I want to add that they are currently available for booking, & are just the most wonderful organization. We are still in touch, even six months after our fabulous St. Petersburg, Copenhagen, Berlin, Helsinki, & Tallinn tours ended.

Clever Chloe

Absolutely Clever Chloe!! Polina was also our guide in June 2015 for our Baltics cruise and I am recommending ALLA TOURS to anyone who plans to visit the Baltics itinerary. It saddens me to know that these vicious attacks on their website equates the heinous terrorist attacks around the world.

Absolutely Clever Chloe!! Polina was also our guide in June 2015 for our Baltics cruise and I am recommending ALLA TOURS to anyone who plans to visit the Baltics itinerary. It saddens me to know that these vicious attacks on their website equates the heinous terrorist attacks around the world.

I never had the pleasure of actually meeting Polina, during our June cruise w/ Oceania, but she was the one with whom I communicated during the coordination of all of our tours. She, and the other Alla Tour guides were so organized. All of our tours went smoothly. I wouldn't use any other company. Perhaps in time, they will expand their tours to other cities, besides those in which they currently operate.

I learned Alla Tour's Website was under DoS attacked by their competitor recently. My group of 8 friends used Alla Tour in St. Petersberg in early June for 2 days in St. Petersburg. Alla Tour was extremely professional before, during and after our tour with them. We had a wonderful guide, Anna, who was very knowledgeable and who operated with our interest in her heart. When part of our group was split up from the main event to go to the Ballet, Anna arranged for us to have a wonderful meal at a Georgian Restaurant and she summoned another guide from her main office to take care of us. The staff spoke excellent English. They were very willing to assist us and to make sure we had a great experience. The price was very reasonable for the kind of services they offer. We hired Alla Tour because they were highly recommended to us by 2 of our friends in our area who used their services in the past.:)

A group of 6 of us used Alla Tours for 3 cities on a Scand. cruise last May. When in Warnemunde there was a wildcat train strike but Alla stepped up and provided a van and driver for our 3 city tour. Other tour cos. just cancelled their tours. Also the 2 day SP tour was the highlight of our cruise.We also did Helsinki which also was great. If we ever were to return we definitely would use Alla again. Also dealing with them was very easy.:):):)

I also received an email from Anna about the recent hacking. We traveled through the Baltic and St Petersburg with Alla and couldn't have been happier. Elena was our guide for two days in SP and was excellent. Pricing was competitive and all our tours were thorough and enjoyed. I can't recommend Alla enough. Everyone from the Silhouette who traveled with Alla felt the same.

We had two tours before SP but didn't pay until we reached SP. Ever hear of another company receiving payment afterward? Top notch company! Do not hesitate to book with Alla. I gave them rave reviews previous shortly after our return.

Happy Holidays to all fellow travelers and especially Alla!

We used Alla Tours in Berlin and St Petersburg for our Baltic cruise in2015. Everything about the company was accurate, professional, prompt, and thorough. I had no complaints whatsoever and hope they have not been hurt by this attack. I would encourage everyone to use Alla!