Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort

OHRiverRats

We're spending two days at Margaritaville post cruise. Wondering what the best option for transportation from Port Everglades to resort and then from resort to FLL is. I'm guessing we'll need to arrange a shuttle to pick us up. We'll have 4 adults with large suitcases. Any suggestions?

We're spending two days at Margaritaville post cruise. Wondering what the best option for transportation from Port Everglades to resort and then from resort to FLL is. I'm guessing we'll need to arrange a shuttle to pick us up. We'll have 4 adults with large suitcases. Any suggestions?

You might want to try UBER if you have a smartphone, as it's much more economical than a South Florida taxi.

WITHOUT any surcharges for extra luggage and/or extra people, I'd expect your fare in a taxi to be $40 - $50 from Port Everglades to the your Hollywood Beach Resort.

Either taxi or UBER, instruct your driver to exit the port and take US-1 south to Dania Beach Blvd to A1A south. That would be the quickest route avoiding excess traffic lights. This route will also take you past FLL so you see the distance for your departure.

Any trip that includes expressways [i-595 I-95] is an unnecessary joyride at your expense.

Lastly, if using UBER, once the driver is on the way, send a text to the driver telling him Port Everglades, your Pier/Terminal Number, and ship's name. My experience last month was that GPS location was distorted; my driver told me that without me sending him the text, he would have never found my true location. It also explained why his arrival time was distorted and kept growning.

Have fun at Margaritaville: it's new and beautiful.

• 1 month later...

On a side note...

Is most of Margaritaville resort "open to the public"? Like can you access it from the boardwalk? We are staying one night pre-cruise on Hollywood Beach, but no vacancy at the Margaritaville resort. :( Still wanted to walk around and check it out though. Looks very cool!

Thanks!

On a side note...

Is most of Margaritaville resort "open to the public"? Like can you access it from the boardwalk? We are staying one night pre-cruise on Hollywood Beach, but no vacancy at the Margaritaville resort. :( Still wanted to walk around and check it out though. Looks very cool!

Thanks!

Some areas will be restricted but yes, you can go in and check out the resort.