DIY Beijing South RR Stn to Badaling Great Wall

helmslady

My Question is: How can I get from Beijing South Railway Station to a place called Deshengmen where I can find the fastest non-stop bus # 877 to Badaling Great Wall.

Our cruise ship arrives at 0800 Xingang port and my husband and I would like to DIY to the Badaling Great Wall as we visited Beijing a little over a year ago with a Sinorama 24-day land tour so we just wanted to see the Great Wall again on this cruise ship stop. We had hoped to see a different section (Mutianyu) but thought it would be a more straight-forward route to Badaling.

My research indicates we can take a taxi from the port to Tanggu Railway Station to take the bullet or fast train to Beijing South Railway Station. Question how to get from here to Deshengmen to find Bus #877. Hoping someone can help.

You get on the subway. See a map here: http://www.explorebj.com/subway/

you get off at Jishuitan on line 2.

you could also take the train from the Beijing north station near Xizhimen.

Thank you very much for the link to the subway map. Do you know if it is easy/difficult to find the subway from the train?

I've read that the bus 877 is much quicker than taking the train to the Great Wall.

Thanks again.

Thank you very much for the link to the subway map. Do you know if it is easy/difficult to find the subway from the train?

I've read that the bus 877 is much quicker than taking the train to the Great Wall.

Thanks again.

It is very easy. The subway station (that bears the same name as the train station) is just under the train station.

Go to YouTube.com and search for videos about the Beijing south train station.

Signage in the Beijing subway system (and Shanghai, for that matter) is in English as well. Stations might be crowded & large, but not difficult to navigate. I usually just "pull over" out of the flow of traffic to look for a map and/or signs for the exit or connecting line I want.

Signage in the Beijing subway system (and Shanghai, for that matter) is in English as well. Stations might be crowded & large, but not difficult to navigate. I usually just "pull over" out of the flow of traffic to look for a map and/or signs for the exit or connecting line I want.

OK Thanks very much !

If anyone reads this far in the posts, I found out on Trip Advisor that the Tanggu Railway Stn. is temporarily closed due to a serious explosion in the area in August. Yujiapu Station is new and an extension east from Tanggu Station. It's a little bit closer to the Xingang Port than Tanggu and the bullet trains run from here as well.

Looking at the train schedules and the time it will take to disembark the ship, I don't believe a trip to the Great Wall can be accomplished in one day on our own and staying overnight in a hotel would probably be the way to go for a more relaxed adventure.