Cape Liberty advice on hotel in Parsippany area

missingyou

Cruising aug 6 out of cape liberty and plan to drive in a day early. Last year we stayed at Embassy Glimcher Realty way. Hotel was nice and drive to port took 15 min. This year were thinking of staying in Parsippany and then driving to port which looks like roughly a 35 to 45 min drive. Was hoping Parsippany area would be a little nicer an easier to get to than the Glimcher area hotels. Has anyone stayed in Parsippany and made the drive in ? Would love to hear feedback.

Cruising aug 6 out of cape liberty and plan to drive in a day early. Last year we stayed at Embassy Glimcher Realty way. Hotel was nice and drive to port took 15 min. This year were thinking of staying in Parsippany and then driving to port which looks like roughly a 35 to 45 min drive. Was hoping Parsippany area would be a little nicer an easier to get to than the Glimcher area hotels. Has anyone stayed in Parsippany and made the drive in ? Would love to hear feedback.

I can't recommend a particular hotel, but I often recommend the Parsippany area because it is a much nicer suburban area, easier to get to, and 35-45 minutes to Cape Liberty, particularly on a Saturday morning. The pool of hotels is much newer and there are restaurants and services. Hotwire is a good resource. Any 3*+ hotels with a high approval rating (80%+) is going to be satisfactory and a cut above a similar hotel at Newark Airport. There are some great rates on a weekend night because these hotels primarily service business travel, which is low on the weekend.

Is parsippany a good place to stay for the New York port. We are staying here next month for our anthem cruise but we are cruising out of New York next year.

Parsipanny works very well for the Manhattan Cruiseport if you intend to park at the pier. You go straight in I80 to the GW Bridge and south on the Henry Hudson Parkway directly to the cruise terminal.

Thanks Carol- as always great info! I used your information and directions last year to get to the port. And see I am doing it again this year :)

Thanks again!

The Exit 14A traffic pattern has changed due to the construction. Follow the signs to route 440 south and make the left at Goldsborough Drive into the port.

Carol i assume i still get off at 14A as normal correct but after the toll plaza is where the change is? 440 S was a ramp that went up and to the left if i recall. Thanks again.

It has changed again, but I haven't been there since. The word is that you stay to the left at the toll booth and follow the route 440 south signs. I'm going in March and will report back then.

It has changed again, but I haven't been there since. The word is that you stay to the left at the toll booth and follow the route 440 south signs. I'm going in March and will report back then.

Stay left at the NJTP exit 14A toll plaza. Surprisingly, for New Jersey, the 440 sign is clearly marked and visible. I found it easier than the previous route, as once the toll is paid and you are in the correct lane, you are on 440 immediately.

Clearly marked NJTP signs for the return trip too!